Question

Honor Student
Canislupuslover
Message 1 of 2 (783 Views)

HP advisor!?

Hi! I am really beginning to worry! I have turned HP Advisor of every time i boot my laptop. I thought it was just a side-program to help you out, and it takes up half my CPU. Now my laptop has started to do some sort of check every time i boot, it always tells me that a new update has been installed. But then an error happens. It is something like Error 766f6...... something.. Was it a bad mistake to turn HP Advisor off? Is it an important program? Please help!! :smileysurprised:

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (779 Views)

Re: HP advisor!?

HP Advisor isn't needed, and in fact I uninstalled it. I'm not sure which program is giving the alerts now,maybe HP Updates?

To check manually to see if any important updates are available for your model use "Support & Drivers" button at top of this page. Type in complete model number as shown in section 1 below.P/N in section 2 also will work:

http://tinyurl.com/2krh3u

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation