05-03-2010 02:38 PM
Hi! I am really beginning to worry! I have turned HP Advisor of every time i boot my laptop. I thought it was just a side-program to help you out, and it takes up half my CPU. Now my laptop has started to do some sort of check every time i boot, it always tells me that a new update has been installed. But then an error happens. It is something like Error 766f6...... something.. Was it a bad mistake to turn HP Advisor off? Is it an important program? Please help!!
05-03-2010 02:59 PM
HP Advisor isn't needed, and in fact I uninstalled it. I'm not sure which program is giving the alerts now,maybe HP Updates?
To check manually to see if any important updates are available for your model use "Support & Drivers" button at top of this page. Type in complete model number as shown in section 1 below.P/N in section 2 also will work:
|******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******|
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)