Question

Student
miamirulz29
Message 91 of 382 (7,377 Views)

Re: HP and Windows 7 from Microsoft

The samething with except, it says you need to update this device to make it compatible with windows 7.
Student
rollinshultz
Message 92 of 382 (7,331 Views)

I have a Pavilion dv7 and I installed RC 7100 with no special prep and no problems encountered. Most programs were removed and I had to reinstall but those have gone fairly easily. I am having a problem with the scanning software for my HP photosmart C5180 because there is none available yet for Win 7. I was using the Vista home premium 64 so I think that would work for Win 7 if they would just change the install script to allow for this OS. Does anyone know of a work around. I will try to other things today.

I will try the scan to flash card function and just get my docs from there.

I will see if win 7 has included a scanning software in the package.

Honor Student
AntonS
Message 93 of 382 (7,316 Views)

I bought my HP-Pavilion dv5 in november 2008. How I can get Windows 7 to me?

Student
farnight
Message 94 of 382 (7,309 Views)

hi, i have a pavilion dv7 1060 ep, and i installed windows 7 Ultimate 7600 , and everything is ok, but have 1 problem, i conect my modem by usb, and its not working, on vista it installed by himself, now wat i need to install ? already installed or do ?

Top Student
silmaril
Message 95 of 382 (7,178 Views)

Thought I'd mention that my product number was accepted by arvato the following week after I last posted. It should have worked from the beginning, but I'm not going to grouse since Win7 isn't officially out until October.  Thanks everyone for your responses.

For those annoyed by the June 26 cutoff date, I'd like to point out that this was set by Microsoft and not HP. Regardless, there has to be a cutoff at some date. If it were June 1st than everyone who purchased a PC in May would be complaining.

@Arshvinder/ErSehmi: If you ordered online than the ship date is important, not the order date.  Mine took a week to ship so you may want to check your invoice.

Tutor
nodoze42
Message 96 of 382 (7,129 Views)

According to Microsoft, Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows 7 Home Basic is a supported scenario.  The HP upgrade kit site won't let me order a free Widows 7 upgrade for my post June 26th purchased laptop.  I assume this is because it is Home Basic.  How will I upgrade to 7 Home Basic?  Can I get it without paying for another OS?

Thanks.

Top Student
silmaril
Message 97 of 382 (7,085 Views)

Home basic is not eligible for the free upgrade according to Microsoft: https://windows7upgradeoption.com/ProgramInformation.aspx

The Upgrade is not available for the following editions:

• Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Basic
  • Windows Vista® Starter Edition
  • Windows® XP (all editions)

Upgrading from Vista basic to 7 basic should still work, but unfortunately it won't be free.
Intern
oldpoppabird
Message 98 of 382 (7,080 Views)

You have to buy it. You do not get a free upgrade if you bought the laptop last year. Read all the articles .
Intern
oldpoppabird
Message 99 of 382 (7,086 Views)

You cannot get a free upgrade unless the SHIPPING DATE that they shipped it out to you, is after July 26th. Period!!!!
Intern
oldpoppabird
Message 100 of 382 (7,081 Views)

They do not go by the order date...they go y the shipping date they sent it out to you, C'mon people...read the articles before jumping the gun!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation