Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the problem that I did not uninstall the HP Client Security software before I updated my zBook 15 to Win 8.1. Now the installer tells me " This Software is not supported on this system"and I can not uninstall it to install the latest version. HP Support does tell me that I have to reinstall the complete operating system. I have a lot of software on the zBook and it would be a nightmare to do it just because the bloody installer does not want to work. Is it not possible to get rid of the old Client Security a different way?

HP Recommended

Uninstaling FP device driver helped me...thanks

HP Recommended

Hello!

I have a ProBook 455G1, bought last year. Since installing the HP Client Security Manager wants to be activated. As I have other virus protection I always refuse. I wanted to deinstall but I failed.

Now my questions:

Whst is the HP Client Security Manager? What it its function?

How can I deinstall?

Kind regards,

Ulli

HP Recommended

Hi i have followed all the steps u post in here to install the client security software, but no matter if i remove or install the fingerprint reader software, i get to 99% install then the software opens the user interface and tells me that its undoing the installation rolling back to scratch.

I have updated, installed net frammework, i made a whole new windows installation at end, i used the hp update tool as well not helping anything, i keep getting to 99% and where the software controls it self it starts rerolling changes. it worked nicely under win 7 and my win 8 64 bit but this sucks... plz find a solution for this crappy flawed hp software, ive been through installation like 20 times now.

HP Recommended

After trying out all the suggestions posted in here regarding the failed installation of security manager on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.

I almost gave up, but suddenly i thought why not try disable antivirus and then run the install program setup.exe in combabilitymode as win 8.0 tadaaa now it installed properly, then a restart an update and now it works like a charm, ty my self for being patient, hope it can help others.

Tommy

HP Recommended

Hi mate this software can help u secure your pc by the use of a biometric scanner to save and use your fingerprints, it can also help u keep track of your passwords and settings.

Tommy

HP Recommended

Hi. I need to update HP client security manager to 8.1 because I want to change my OS to 8.1. However, after I open the the file that I downloaded, its said that its from an unknown publisher and not from HP. Should I run it? I'm kinda confused. Pls resppond.

HP Recommended

Hi. I need to update HP client security manager to 8.1 because I want to change my OS to 8.1. However, after I open the the file that I downloaded, its said that its from an unknown publisher and not from HP. Should I run it? I'm kinda confused. Pls respond.

HP Recommended

2015-11-12_08-48-10.png

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The error is for versions 8.1 and 8.3. What do HP? For too long, you do not react. Clean Install/WIPE  Windows 10 does not help.Bez tytułu.jpg
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.