Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a  hp Pavilion dv6-6080ee, Windows 7 64-bit. When I am trying to open the cool sense application its not opening, so what shall I do?

It used to work normally but suddenly stoped knowing that nothing have changed in my notebook

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click on the entry HP Software Framework and select Uninstall.  When this has completed, also check if there is an entry for HP CoolSense and if there is, uninstall this as well.

When done, restart the notebook.

Tap away at f10 as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

When windows has fully reloaded, download and install the latest version of HP Software Framework on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54714.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook again.

Next, download and install the CoolSense application on the link below.

HP CoolSense v2.0

When this installation has completed, check if CoolSense now works correctly.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click on the entry HP Software Framework and select Uninstall.  When this has completed, also check if there is an entry for HP CoolSense and if there is, uninstall this as well.

When done, restart the notebook.

Tap away at f10 as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

When windows has fully reloaded, download and install the latest version of HP Software Framework on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54714.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook again.

Next, download and install the CoolSense application on the link below.

HP CoolSense v2.0

When this installation has completed, check if CoolSense now works correctly.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi,

i hv pavilion dv6-6165tx.  hp cool sense is not getting installed...  and the system gets badly heated..

plz help

HP Recommended
i had the same problem and yes i tried all the solution like installing new coolsense or updating hp assistant but no use , but i found the solution and i hope it will work with you , make sure that HP software Framework service is running by: "if was not there in services download it from HP Customer Care" ::
run >type: services > look for : HP software Framework service: right click chose properties the make the startup type automatic and click the start button after that try to run the coolsense 😉
hope it help for everyone..
HP Recommended

i did the whole automatic start and the first option with the whole restarting, but it still isn't letting me upload it again. when it started with the problem it was saying folder was moved to a different location.. and i checked under programs and etc.. and when i found it i deleted it and tried reinstalling it but it has yet to work.. any other advice?
thank you

HP Recommended

Sir,
I had HP DV6-6115tx laptop. and in this i am  unable to excess HP coolsence ...error occur everytime {"windows cannot find 'C:\Program files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Hp Support Framework\HP ThermalAssistant.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."}

My cool sense is missing ...it was working fine before few days..
 Please Provide me with some solution of this problem
regards .
Lokesh [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hello lokeshbhatiya,

You’re having a problem with your cool sense not working.

There are a couple of updates that you should download.

Essential System Updates

HP Software Framework

Also reset BIOS defaults.

This is what lets the hardware talk to the software.

• Turn off the computer
  • As you turn it back on tap the F10 key. This will load BIOS setup utility.
  • Press F9 to load defaults
  • Press F10 to save and exit

When the computer boots back up, check to see if everything is working.

If everything was working correctly a couple of days ago, you might try a System restore. This will take the system back to when everything was working correctly without affecting any of your files.

Here is a link to a restore.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Time and time i feel let down by HP it started when my DV9 overheated and fried everything and Hp said it was not there fault even tho they have overheating issues due to there layout i could design a better laptop grrrrr .

So 3 years later i get a new better Dv6 and Hp coolsence is not working and guess what Laptop over heating ever day. I will never buy anything Hp again!!!!!!!!     

And yes ive tried everything to fix it stop reading from your text book and fix the issue as it seems lots and lots  of people have the same issue!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

HP Coolsense recently stopped working on my pavillion g6-2067ca, I've tried un-installing and re-installing it but nothing works. I thought it would be simple to fix like "Repair" but that failed. I have no back-ups and I'm hoping for help asap because as you know HP's heat up rather fast.

Thank you,

Fellow HP owner

HP Recommended

HI BaconLumps:

Thank you for your query.  I am here to help.

Hp CoolSense software only works with specific models of HP.  HP CoolSense Technology click here. Please note the section on Maybe HP CoolSense requires HP notebook with special hardware requirements. When I checked the software and driver page for your exact model,it does not list the HP CoolSense software.  Specifications for HP Pavilion g6-2067ca Notebook PC  click here.  I am sending you some documentation on overheating that I think may interest you. Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating  click here. Troubleshooting an Overheating and Auto Shutdown Issue  click here

Do you have the latest bios version installed (VersionF.26, 7.76M).?  I hope this is helpful.

You can run the HP Support Assistant to aid in updating drivers and resolving issues  click here

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.