Question

Top Student
hgeron
Message 1 of 3 (950 Views)

HP pavilion a6110a - Updated BIOS might as well be a VIRUS it does so much damage.

The bios posted on the drivers update for my computer is the WRONG bios!

I downloaded it, and tried to install it. My pc has been at the repair shop all week.

HP confirmed to repairman that this is the wrong bios.

But HP can't find right file to post.

About a dozen users have same problem. HP needs to fix this problem. It is like HP posting a fatal virus to their hp a6110n users!!!! I want a fix and apology from HP

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 3 (940 Views)

Re: HP pavilion a6110a - Updated BIOS might as well be a VIRUS it does so much damage.

Could you please specify the correct model number of your system or the correct SoftPaq number so that I can pass your feedback to the appropriate team.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
mruss12
Message 3 of 3 (727 Views)

Re: HP pavilion a6110a - Updated BIOS might as well be a VIRUS it does so much damage.

sorry to be late to the party....has anyone found a solution for this? I was updating a Pavilion a6110n for a customer & ran the listed BIOS update for Vista 32-bit. Halfway through the update the system hung, keyboard & mouse locked, no response. Said a prayer & let it run overnight, however the next morning it was still stuck and i had no choice but to power off the system. Of course now I'm stuck, the system boots listing 'Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0', then immediately throws up a BIOS ROM checksum error, tries to detect IDE ATAPI device but hangs on that. This was the link i performed the upgrade for this device from: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-55442-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...=

Thanks in advance to anybody that might be able to help....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation