Message 1 of 3 (5,248 Views)

HP pavilion dv7 USB ports not working

Hello My Usb 3.0 ports don't work at all and my Usb 2.0 ports show up as driver error code 43. I need one of the two working and I have AMD A6-3400M as a processor and have Windows 7 64-bit.

Any help would be great.

PhD Student
Message 2 of 3 (5,235 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv7 USB ports not working

Please try below steps.

for USB2.0, please update the windows and pick drivers from online...

for USB3.0, firmware and driver update is here..

“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
Message 3 of 3 (4,651 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv7 USB ports not working

That is the problem...the HP employees can't even resolve this. I gave up on HP support. I've called numerous times for my HP Pavillion DV7 7023CL laptop.

I was told to download, install, update numerous software, firmware, drivers, blah blah blah....and nothing worked. I opened the laptop to see if the cable was disconnected....nope, everything was fine.

HP now wants me to ship the laptop to them....YEAH sure! - Good Luck!!!

A support/engineer would know what the problem is, even when the problem is remote.

HP has to have tools to troubleshoot this. Replacing the motherboard is not a fix, is too easy and is not a technician's way of fixing things.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation