HP pavilion dv7 USB ports not working (3013 Views)
Student
jinweihu
Message 1 of 3 (3,013 Views)

HP pavilion dv7 USB ports not working

Hello My Usb 3.0 ports don't work at all and my Usb 2.0 ports show up as driver error code 43. I need one of the two working and I have AMD A6-3400M as a processor and have Windows 7 64-bit.

Any help would be great.

PhD Student
WaseemW
Message 2 of 3 (3,000 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv7 USB ports not working

Please try below steps.

for USB2.0, please update the windows and pick drivers from online...

for USB3.0, firmware and driver update is here..

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54002.exe

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
Student
drscorpionking
Message 3 of 3 (2,416 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv7 USB ports not working

That is the problem...the HP employees can't even resolve this. I gave up on HP support. I've called numerous times for my HP Pavillion DV7 7023CL laptop.

I was told to download, install, update numerous software, firmware, drivers, blah blah blah....and nothing worked. I opened the laptop to see if the cable was disconnected....nope, everything was fine.

HP now wants me to ship the laptop to them....YEAH sure! - Good Luck!!!

A support/engineer would know what the problem is, even when the problem is remote.

HP has to have tools to troubleshoot this. Replacing the motherboard is not a fix, is too easy and is not a technician's way of fixing things.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation