Question

Honor Student
Spookie
Message 1 of 3 (155 Views)

HP simple pass and Windows logon

Notebook  Pavilion dv7: OS Win 7: Original OS from HP, no upgrades.

When reloading the operating system from disk the Simple pass program works with Windows logon. Once updates are added from HP the Windows logon stops working but works well with online sites. Could reload again but that gets a little old. The updates are not the one that caused the problem in the beginning.

In Simple pass settings the "Windows logon" option is disabled, when typing in my Windows password the program says the password in not a match. I have changed the password and rebooted and tried then new password but Simple pass still says it is not a match. NO CAPS lock on or other usual error.

I have deleted both the validity sensor program and Simple pass and reloaded earlier versions several times but to the same result.

Why does the program refuse the Windows logon password and why does the program turn off the Windows logon feature in settings?

This should be a simple fix but have read many posts that are having the same problem. I have tried some of the suggested fixes but they either will not work at all or come back to the original problem.

The problem seems to be the program not identifying the Windows logon password and denying access to the Windows logon feature because of it.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: HP simple pass and Windows logon

HI Spookie:

Thank you for your inquiry.  I will do my best to assist you!

I understand that the Simplepass  software is not allowing you to logon to Windows using it.  Have you tried running the "HP Support Assistant" to check for possible issues or updates?   click here. For your convenience I am also including "Using HP "SimplePass Fingerprint Reader (Windows 7, Vista)"  click here.   In the Simplepass settings, can you enable Windows logon?  If it is still unresolved you have a couple of options.If it was working before the upgrades, you can roll it back to original version, second option would be to completely uninstall, restart the computer, do all the updates and then reinstall.  SimplePass software click here.

I hope this has helped.

Happy Holidays!!

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Spookie
Message 3 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: HP simple pass and Windows logon

Tried all that and unfortunately the lengh of time since it worked has come beyond any system restore points that may have helped. What the problem is, the Simple Pass program does not recognize my Windows password. I have uninstalled and started from the earliest versions availale on HP but it all comes back to the same point. It is I guess it is a minor issue but frustrating as anything a computer can throw at you because it should be an easy fix.

On reinstalltion the Windows logon feature in the program is disabled and cannot be accessed unless the Windows password is recognized by the program. Keep getting a message that tells me what is typed in is not a match. Even changed the password to 12, removed Simple Pass and Validity biometric, reloaded both and the Windows logon feature is still disabled, type in 12 and it is not recoginzed, says it is not a match.

Maybe the only resolution left is to completely reload the computer from disk and start over again like I did last year, but that is a process that takes a lot of time.

Thank you for your answer, but at this point will just be content that it works on my site access.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation