Question

Honor Student
sir_bhojus
Message 1 of 4 (115 Views)

HP support assisstant windows 8.1

Recently I have been having numerous problems on my envy dv4 (5243cl). So I would go onto support assistant and try to get a fix from a techinician. None of the people I chatted with could fix these problems. A few weeks back I updated my support assisstant and ever since then whenever i launch support assisstant I get an Error message. 

I am now in need of my support as my computer is barely usable and I am looking to get a replacement. Thanks in advance for your help.

HPforums.PNG

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 4 (92 Views)

Re: HP support assisstant windows 8.1

Hi sir_bhojus,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues with your notebook. You chatted  with a Technician but they were unable to resolve it. You updated the HP  Support Assistant, but now when you try to launch the HP Support Assistant you get an error message. I suggest you uninstall the HP Support Assistant and then reinstall. Here is a link to The HP Support Assistant for you to download and reinstall.

You also have the option to do a Windows restore back to a known good date.

If you would like further assistance, would you please provide the Operating System you are running.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
sir_bhojus
Message 3 of 4 (85 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have tried unistalling many times but ANOTHER error (error 1316) shows up saying " a network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\HP Support Assistant.msi". Once I click OK  the uninstallation process terminates and the Support Assistant remains installed. A windows restore is out of the question as I have had to do this many many times with this laptop. (running Windows 8.1 with the new update 1) Also is there an alternate way to contact support without the assistant (e-mail perhaps?). 

Thanks

for HP ppl.PNG

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 4 of 4 (64 Views)

Hi sir_bhojust,

Thank you for your reply, I regret you are still unable to uninstall the HP Support Assistant.

With Windows 8  you can try using the troubleshooter to remove stubborn programs.

Press the Windows key + C to open the charms

Type uninstall HP Support Assistant in the search bar and press enter

Follow the on screen prompts.

If this is still not resolved, I would contact HP Technical Support.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. HP Technical Support Sitemap

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation