Question

Top Student
Kietyo
Message 1 of 41 (13,852 Views)

HP truevision HD - VERY DARK PICTURES

[ Edited ]

Hey, i just bought my HP pavilion dv6-6135dx 4 weeks ago at new hampshire. no here's what happened.
So 2 weeks in after i got my hp pavilion laptop i had encountered a virus, after getting this virus i had to reinstall windows 7
by restarting the computer and pressing f11 to load up hp system restore. After that i went on the support and drivers page
and reinstalled all the drivers but something strange happened after i installed the bios update, i had found out that my 
webcam had became very very dark.
after doing so i went on cyberlink youcam and the screen appeared very dark, i could see my self but it was a black silhoutte
i begin playing around with the light settings but nothing happened. it was still the same.

Capture 4.PNG

I even tried another webcam program.

capture 6.PNG

That didn't work.

So then i tried disabling the webcam software and enabling it again. But the picture was still the same

AFTER THAT i uninstalled the HD truvision driver and installed it back againCapture.PNG

BUT STILL nothing changed. I've went on over 10 other forums which discussed this same issue but all of them

simply suggested to change the lighting and brightness settings, which as you have seen have not work.

To add on to this problem i don't think i will be able to return this laptop because it is way pass the return date

but im still not sure if i can do that since i don't have the bus because as i have mentioned i bought this from

new hampshire for vacation and brought it back with me to seattle, and i couldn't bring the box with me so i had to

throw it away and the laptop is still on warranty but when i called HP tech support they said there not sure if i can 

have this laptop replace because i didn't buy this laptop directly from the hp website but instead at best buy.

VERY VERY CONFUSING ISSUE, ANY SUGGESTIONS TO FIX THIS?

Remeber i went to 10 other forums so changing the brightness will not work lol and i had pictures.....

Intern
YesTee
Message 2 of 41 (13,792 Views)

Re: HP truevision HD - VERY DARK PICTURES

i have the same problem

Honor Student
HPPaviliondv7
Message 3 of 41 (13,771 Views)

I have the same problem too man i wish someone would fix this.....

Intern
YesTee
Message 4 of 41 (13,770 Views)

it s normal under sunlight conditions, but once im inside a room its dark, howmuch ever light there may be!!! do u mean tat i should go stand out to make video calls?? sick!!! pls help me out!!! 

Intern
YesTee
Message 5 of 41 (13,768 Views)

guys i finally found out the fix for it!!! i guess we all would have had changed the brightness contrast exposure for the betterment, but it really screws the settings!!! will tell you the steps.. i use youcam 3.5 so just follow my instructions!!!

1. open youcam

2. click enhance the current video image (6th icon from top, just next to the video image appears, place ur pointer over the icons for few secs to know what it is)

3. Click advanced

4. under video proc amp slide the backlight comp to 1 or 2 (doesnt matter )

5, now click the camera control tab 

6. click default, then u could see only exposure visible or editable , now just tick the "auto" box !!! click ok. 

and now everything is back!!! :smileyvery-happy: hope this helps out, and dont screw up with the settings again!!! thank you

Top Student
Kietyo
Message 6 of 41 (13,766 Views)

Didn't work

Intern
YesTee
Message 7 of 41 (13,763 Views)

what is ur youcam version? did u check the tick box under auto for exposure??? it should work!!! 

Top Student
Kietyo
Message 8 of 41 (13,753 Views)

Yea i did, but it didn't work, i even posted pictures of the settings.

Top Student
Kietyo
Message 9 of 41 (13,751 Views)

remeber i even tried another webcam program and that didnt work

Intern
YesTee
Message 10 of 41 (13,751 Views)

sorry dude, i even gave this intructions to my frnd facing the same problem, and it worked out!!! yours must be a hardware problem!!! im not sure though!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation