Question

Tutor
billybarrie
Message 1 of 11 (3,459 Views)

HP update not working

attempt to run hp update...it advises it has stopped working...uninstalled it and reinstalled using sp44459 and still it doesn't work...any ideas to fix the problem ?....thanks

Scott

Top Student
juegr
Message 2 of 11 (3,435 Views)

Re: HP update not working

hi im having the same problem it installs the new version then you click next for check for updates and the message comes up it has stopped working i thought i had done something to my laptop and was going to do a clear install has anyone else got this problem is it the same updates form the hp support assistant when you click tune up then refresh not sure
Tutor
HPCare1992
Message 3 of 11 (3,422 Views)

Yes. I've the exact same problem as you guys have. It had worked flawlessly everytime I run it but today it represent some kind of issue and I can't exactly know what but the software that HP have is defected. Someone suggests that you should change the system even notification to automatic and background intelligent transfer to automatic but it didn't work for me though. I went to the support assistant chatroom, they all recommend restoring to factory setting but I was inconvinced by this method.

Please someone post an solution to this obstacle.

Tutor
billybarrie
Message 4 of 11 (3,411 Views)

juegr wrote:
hi im having the same problem it installs the new version then you click next for check for updates and the message comes up it has stopped working i thought i had done something to my laptop and was going to do a clear install has anyone else got this problem is it the same updates form the hp support assistant when you click tune up then refresh not sure

I'm assuming the updater in the support assistant does the same job...thats what I'll use until we find a cure for the actual "hp update" problem

Tutor
HPCare1992
Message 5 of 11 (3,404 Views)

I've heard that the Support Assistant is some how different than HP update. I don't even know what that means but they didn't clarify that for me and they can't explain. I mean the version is defintely the problem in here and hotfixes are immediate.

Someone tell us what to do in this situation.

Tutor
billybarrie
Message 6 of 11 (3,343 Views)

I just installed the newest version of support assistant which looks for updates...try it...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50516.exe

Student
PennValley
Message 7 of 11 (2,068 Views)

HP Update is displayed in a 2" x 2" box on the screen and nothing happens??

Honor Student
butters21
Message 8 of 11 (1,332 Views)

I just spent all last night returning my entire system back to factory settings. Hp updates still not working and a bunch of windows updates failed, does aqnyone know why and how to reinstall failed updates? please help. This thing is driving me nuts. Thought starting over from scratch would solve everything but i think its worse.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 9 of 11 (1,275 Views)

HP update not working

I would like to start with Windows Updates that have failed while I look further into the HP Update program issue. In the mean time, HP Support Assistant will get updates for that specific notebook.

Open Windows Update and look for update history.
double-click the failed updates.
Let me know which update it is and what the failed error message and code is. Some may have only a code in an 8 digit format and could be numbers only or numbers/letters combined.

Out of curiosity, does the system date and time reflect the correct information for your region and time zone? This is a common issue after a recovery as the date setup is sometimes skipped by users resulting in a date/time check to fail on the Windows Update server side.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
butters21
Message 10 of 11 (1,266 Views)

KB982670

KB2505438

KB973688

KB2598845

KB2584146

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation