Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This usually happens 2-3 mins after opening the laptop up and when it returns from hibernation/sleep. Literally about half of the touchpad is completely unresponsive to lateral and vertical movement, tapping and gestures. The other half works fine. I have reinstalled the drivers from the HP website. It will fix itself if I close the lid and reopen it, or reset the device from the Synaptics control panel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Install the latest firmware(BIOS)  from here and also install latest touchpad drivers from here for your Notebook and let us know if issue persists

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Perform a hard reset on the Notebook. To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.

• Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
  • Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
  • Disconnect any external devices or peripherals connected to the notebook. Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds

Also Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook? You can use link below to find this info
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Product Name: HP G56-106SA

Product Number: XM667EA#ABU

The hard reset seems to have worked. I've had it on for about 20 minutes and the touchpad is still working, but it'd be useful to also get some drivers etc. for it.

HP Recommended

Install the latest firmware(BIOS)  from here and also install latest touchpad drivers from here for your Notebook and let us know if issue persists

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

That's fixed it, thanks! I can also use it to scroll now which I never could before :S Thank you!

HP Recommended

i have the same problem with the trackpad ive done all the steps plz help

btw i think this trackpad may be defective

HP Recommended

I have a G56 129WM. It operates on Windows 7 Premium. Only half of my touchpad works. I have re-installed the synaptic drivers and the firmware. It fixed it for about a half an hour, and now only half of it works. I did a hard reset this morning and it started working for about 45 minutes then started giving me problems again. I can't find any other solutions that have shown results. Please help. Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.