08-26-2011 06:34 PM
This usually happens 2-3 mins after opening the laptop up and when it returns from hibernation/sleep. Literally about half of the touchpad is completely unresponsive to lateral and vertical movement, tapping and gestures. The other half works fine. I have reinstalled the drivers from the HP website. It will fix itself if I close the lid and reopen it, or reset the device from the Synaptics control panel.
This question was solved. View Solution.
08-26-2011 07:41 PM
Perform a hard reset on the Notebook. To perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
- Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
- Disconnect any external devices or peripherals connected to the notebook. Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds
Also Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook? You can use link below to find this info
I am an HP employee!!
08-27-2011 05:09 AM
Product Name: HP G56-106SA
Product Number: XM667EA#ABU
The hard reset seems to have worked. I've had it on for about 20 minutes and the touchpad is still working, but it'd be useful to also get some drivers etc. for it.
08-27-2011 09:49 AM
02-07-2013 05:26 PM
I have a G56 129WM. It operates on Windows 7 Premium. Only half of my touchpad works. I have re-installed the synaptic drivers and the firmware. It fixed it for about a half an hour, and now only half of it works. I did a hard reset this morning and it started working for about 45 minutes then started giving me problems again. I can't find any other solutions that have shown results. Please help. Thank you.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)