05-23-2010 05:16 PM
when i did ctrl+alt+del my system just died. when i ran the hard disk self test, i get an error message in blue screen:
FAILED - REPLACE HARD DISK 1 - ERROR CODE 10008
Does this mean i have to replace the hard disk, or is there a way around?
Thanks for ur time.
05-23-2010 05:42 PM - edited 05-23-2010 05:42 PM
Sorry but You neeed for sure replace Your HDD.
If Your laptop is still under warranty then please contact with HP. How to do it all informations here (just choose Your country).
They will replace Your corrupted HDD with new one.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)