Question

Honor Student
adantz11
Message 1 of 4 (125 Views)

Hate Windows 8 Desire return to Windows 7

I bought a Presario CQ57 which came with Windows 7. I loved my computer. I became a Cox Cable customer and my computer

system was hijacked! They tunneled their way through and deleted, blocked, removed, changed, disabled, pinned, scripted,

and gave themselves security privileges over me. They removed my software.  I reset it to factory condition repeatedly

until this function was removed. I then used my repair disc and startup disc that I made when I first bought and used my

computer. I was then locked out of my computer through the internet service. They blocked my function keys... 7,8,11d  and 10 didn't load origional defaults. I had my computer serviced. The serviceman loaded windows 8 to my computer. From this point all operational control was taken by the internet service. Now they truly took online control with my Os/system stored online. I hate it and I want my computer back. I would like to totally erraticate windows 8 from my computer and burn my windows 8 cd! I still have my startup disc and repair disc. I would like my computer the way I bought it, windows 7, all function keys working, working factory restore, return control of my audio and unblock my FM and all accompanying software which was removed or blocked! These are a few of the many problems!  Please help!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (112 Views)

Re: Hate Windows 8 Desire return to Windows 7

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of the computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include the serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and/or post it here for our review.

hp label.png

Depending on what partitions are on the hard drive, you may be able to return the computer to a factory like state. If there is an "HP Recovery" partition or something similar, you may be able to mark that partition as ACTIVE using the Windows Disk Management console and reboot the computer. This should start the HP Recovery process, if everything works as it should. If there is no "HP Recovery" partition or the above doesn't work, please contact HP in your country / region via the  HP Worldwide Support Portal to check on the availability of HP Recovery Discs for your computer.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
adantz11
Message 3 of 4 (84 Views)

Thank you for your support. 

Model #:  CQ-57 229WM   

PRODUCT: LW437UA#ABA

REV: 3577-100

WARRANTY: 1Y1Y0Y

I have activated both partitions  but factory restore is gone.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 4 (76 Views)

Here are the specs for your Compaq Presario CQ57-229WM Notebook Computer. Please see DVD - Windows 7 64b SP1 + Supp 2 Recovery Kit to order Recovery Discs from HP or see CQ57-229WM Set# 655020-002 Windows 7 64 bit to purchase HP Recovery Discs from third party vendor ComputerSurgeons.com.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation