Hello F11 does not work for my recovery manger (17269 Views)
Intern
krisshp999
Message 1 of 6 (17,269 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hello F11 does not work for my recovery manger

hellp i have a hp compaq laptop windows 7 64bit version

when i on the laptop and hit Esc   and click on f11 for recovery it loads striaght to the os direct windows 7   it goes normally why is this i want to accese the recvoey but it does not work what shall i do now ?

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 6 (17,259 Views)

Re: Hello F11 does not work for my recovery manger

Which notebook are you using?

Post your model number.

Locating Model Number

Did you delete HP recovery partition?

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Intern
krisshp999
Message 3 of 6 (17,253 Views)

[ Edited ]

hp compaq presario Cq61 

and not the recovey partion is still there what shall i do now?

here it is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CQ61-330SA-15-6-inch-Notebook-Windows-Processor/dp/tech-data/B002P8M9UO/ref=...

my laptop    please help thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (17,244 Views)

[ Edited ]

To boot into Recovery you have a shortcut in the Start Menu for HP Recovery Manager. OR, you can boot into Recovery at start up by holding the F11 key immediately after power button is pressed.

Click Start and type Recovery in the search field. Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available.

Using HP Recovery Manager

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
malealehsas
Message 5 of 6 (16,860 Views)

i hav the seme problem i press f11 when my notbook start up but nothing happing and my windows 7 64-bit want not worke and still try to log in. pls help me.

Honor Student
emar2305
Message 6 of 6 (16,354 Views)

Hello, I'm having the same problem here and your solution does not work. First, I don't even have HP Recovery Manager. When I search for Recovery Manager, it can't be located. And F11 doesn't work no matter how many times or how long I hold it.

My problem started when I keep getting 'low disk space on c' warning. No matter what I deleted, it keeps appearing and even when  I resort to using external hard drive.  Then I lost my profile and got a temporary profile. Forget about creating a new profile to copy the old profile because I keep getting I don't have enough disk space to do that.

Then I thought I could solve it with the help from this link: http://vinhboy.com/blog/2008/02/26/hp-compaq-recovery-manager-f11/comment-page-1/#comment-16473 . However, to my frustration, I couldn't 'Mark the partition as active' because when I right-clicked there is no such thing.

Please help. My computer is HP Compaq Presario F700 with Windows XP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation