Question

Tutor
gr3g0s74
Message 1 of 4 (6,059 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help, Compaq CQ61-210TU IDT audio driver issues

Hi I have got this laptop running XP-sp3 very well except I cant for the life of me get the audio driver working.

I have tried every driver listed on the other downgrade threads.

The ms UUA is installed ok in the device manager, does this need to be a specific version, if so how do i check and update?

The drivers that came with the laptop (in the swsetup folder) have an xp folder but it says that the hardware detected is not  supported by this IDT software package.

i get errors ranging from the device cannot start code 10 to "the devices co-installer has additional work to perform"

does anyone know what im doing wrong

thanks

Greg

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 4 (6,064 Views)

Re: Help, Compaq CQ61-210TU IDT audio driver issues

Hi,

Check this thread. I posted there all drivers for this model. GeorgesDumoulin (one of the users with this model) reported there then for XP SP3 sp41693 is correct audio driver.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Tutor
gr3g0s74
Message 3 of 4 (6,036 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi i have tried the install of 41693 and 41698 aswell as the drivers originally shipped (swsetup folder) all report that the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package, the install will be aborted.

when i update the driver through device manager i get the error that the devices co-installer has additional work to perform etc.. then i either get the device cannot start or the device is misconfigured or there are no drivers installed. currently all i get is that th drivers for this device are not installed.

i have heard of using a trick to restart the ms uua using devcon but i havent tried as i would need to have sound working before a restart and not after for this to help.

I have just installed sp39671 and I get the device cannot start, so i believe that this must be the correct driver but something else is holding up the works.

any thoughts?

cheers

Greg

EDIT:  in device manager the properties for this device is

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7608&SUBSYS_103C3069&REV_1002\4&26EB9B6C&0&0001

I also get Sigmatel IDT systray not responding on shutdown and I have to end task, if that helps.

Message Edited by gr3g0s74 on 09-22-2009 11:15 AM
Message Edited by gr3g0s74 on 09-22-2009 12:32 PM
Tutor
gr3g0s74
Message 4 of 4 (6,009 Views)

I have now given up, Vista is already running fine wit nothing else to do but activate office and transfer some documents.

It would have been nice to have xp on this machine but some things just arent worth the bother.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation