Question

Honor Student
russki4u
Message 1 of 4 (2,009 Views)

Hi all, l can't install hp backup and recovery manager on my laptop

Hi l bought my laptop like 2 and a half years ago, and it isn't supported by HP because it's so old.

Anyway it came installed with Vista, but l eventually downgraded to XP.

The other day l download all the software for my laptop on the HP website, i'm using a compaq 6720s.

Anyway all the drivers and software installed pretty much ok, but l am having problems installing the backup and recovery manager, because l really need to backup my system and l also like creating recovery points.) And if anyone knows of a possible 'free' back up program then l'd like that.

The error message l receive is below:

"An error occured when moving files:  -2147024713

component: HP Backup and revovery manager installer.

File group: SMINST mPC

File:  C:\WINDOWS\CREATOR\

Now l have no idea what this means, as l am not exactly a computer genius, but if someone out there can help me, l'd be very grateful.

Thanks ciao

Aaron

some information: compaq 6720s

windows xp professional

2..00 ghz speed

120 gigabyte hard drive

laptop/notebook.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (1,994 Views)

Re: Hi all, l can't install hp backup and recovery manager on my laptop

Paragon software HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
russki4u
Message 3 of 4 (1,983 Views)

hi again, thanks for your answer, but l actually prefer to use hp backup and recovery manager, so if l could receive an response about that error message and what it means and how l can solve the issue, l'd like that. bye

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (1,969 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was replying to your request for_" And if anyone knows of a possible 'free' back up program then l'd like that."

As for the problem with HP Backup & Recovery, I would guess it is because you changed OS and possibly there is no Recovery partition now ? The file which seems to be stopping you is C:\WINDOWS\CREATOR\ which uses the Recovery partition to make a set of Vista Recovery Disks, the original OS that shipped.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation