Question

Honor Student
rul_3design
Message 1 of 5 (4,612 Views)

Hi please guide me.. how to format hp mini 110-3004tu with flash drive windows7..

Hi please guide me..

how to format hp mini 110-3004tu with flash drive windows7..
For extension of you I have to save all files in external hard disk..
I want to format the entire notebook.

Ok first I insert a flash drive into the notebook. Then I press the On button.
After that, what should I do or press the key?

My question was:
How to detect the "flash drive windows7" I have entered?
do I need to go to the boot manager in advance to ensure that the arrangements to detect "windows7 flash drive"?? so how to do this?

A wise one please help me explain in detail ..
Thank you

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (4,573 Views)

Re: Hi please guide me.. how to format hp mini 110-3004tu with flash drive windows7..

Hi,

Do you want to have a fresh install Windows 7 on your machine ? If yes, please follow instructions from these links (one link should do the job).

1. http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.ars
  2. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/installing-windows-7-on-a-netbook
  3. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd535816.aspx
  4. Few videos in this link

Good luck,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
rul_3design
Message 3 of 5 (4,564 Views)

Re: Hi please guide me.. how to format hp mini 110-3004tu with flash drive windows7..

Hi, thank you very much for replying ..

I have removed it too long to make the flash drive as a boot system. and finally I managed to do it. But the problem I do not know the proper way to use the flash drive.

Can you explain from scratch how to format my notebook (hp mini 110-3004tu)
What I do know first of all insert the flash drive, then restart the notebook, then press the F11? or press any buttons? after that I do not know how to do the right thing.

hope that helps with the details..

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (4,561 Views)

Hi,

To install Windows 7 using a USB flash drive

If you don't need to start your netbook using the USB flash drive, you can simply browse to the USB flash drive, and then double-click setup.exe to begin Windows 7 installation.

To start your netbook using the USB flash drive:

1. Turn off your netbook, insert the USB flash drive, and then restart your netbook.
  2. Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
  3. On the Install Windows page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
  4. If the Install Windows page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
  5. Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
rul_3design
Message 5 of 5 (4,560 Views)

You are truly a great master. thank you very much .. Now I was in office, can not do anything on my notebook. when I get home, I will do as you say.

Tomorrow I will tell you if it succeeded or not.

Thanks Master ..

Regards,
Lirul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation