Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,455 Views)

How can i remove Ubuntu from my laptop

[ Edited ]

yes im an idiot, i installed ubuntu over windows when my computer died and How can i remove Ubuntu from my laptop cause i tried to reformat but kept giving me the blue screen error and its realy annoying me,Ubuntu just isnt right for me please help me  :L 

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (1,429 Views)

Re: How can i remove Ubuntu from my laptop

Try booting with a utilty cd ,such as Partition Wizard. Download the Bootable CD iso here .Get ImgBurn here to burn the image to cd.Boot from the cd to delete partitions andcreate a new one.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
Student
Message 3 of 6 (671 Views)

i had both windows 7 and ubuntu on my hp pavilion g4...then i deleted the hard drive partition created by ubuntu and converted it into NTFS....Now i get the 'unknown file system error' and grub resque on starting the notebook.....how i can boot windows 7 on my laptop....i don't have any CD ROM????
Student
Message 4 of 6 (78 Views)

i have an h.p. g60 535 dx note book,windows was wiped out so i installed ubuntu and don't like it  is there a sequence of key strokes that will erase the pc back to factory? ubuntu  is useless ...thanks  i forgot what ever name i made up to register.  just use m.h.

Distinguished Professor
Message 5 of 6 (67 Views)

aquos wrote:

i have an h.p. g60 535 dx note book,windows was wiped out so i installed ubuntu and don't like it  is there a sequence of key strokes that will erase the pc back to factory? ubuntu  is useless ...thanks  i forgot what ever name i made up to register.  just use m.h.

Not if you wipe the Factory recovery partition then you will have to order the Factory REcovery media from hp.

Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive
Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)

------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer to help others on here-not a HP employee.
Replies aren't online 24/7 because of Time Zone differences.
Remember in this Day and Age of Computing the Internet is Knowledge at your fingertips if you choose understand it. -2015-
Distinguished Professor
Message 6 of 6 (66 Views)

atultriptahi wrote:
i had both windows 7 and ubuntu on my hp pavilion g4...then i deleted the hard drive partition created by ubuntu and converted it into NTFS....Now i get the 'unknown file system error' and grub resque on starting the notebook.....how i can boot windows 7 on my laptop....i don't have any CD ROM????

You will have to buy a Windows 7 media if you can't find the ISO to create Windows 7 install disk or USB. And afther that you need to make sure the install Windows 7 matches the Factory installed O/S.

I am a Volunteer to help others on here-not a HP employee.
Replies aren't online 24/7 because of Time Zone differences.
Remember in this Day and Age of Computing the Internet is Knowledge at your fingertips if you choose understand it. -2015-
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation