How do I RESTORE my system to the original factory settings (1446466 Views)
Provost
CherylG
Message 31 of 286 (19,366 Views)

Re: How do I RESTORE my system to the original factory settings

@James_Marfa

If you have changed the partitions on your hdd F11 is not going to work. F11 looks for Recovery on 1 of 2 partitions on the hdd. Have you created a 3rd partition?

Did you try the procedure mentioned earlier in this thread>>>>>

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without pressing F11).

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
James_Marfa
Message 32 of 286 (19,248 Views)

i tried that and it was an  epic failed,after trying that i can't boot my computer and it always says" bootmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart " and i dont know what to do. how can i return it to its original. :smileysad: and i feel hopeless it tried to reformat it by using windows 7 cd and it wouldn't work at all, it just say  boot missing thingy.

Provost
CherylG
Message 33 of 286 (19,236 Views)

Have you entered BIOS (F10 key at power on) to test the hdd? Contact HP to see if Recovery Disks are available, usually around $16.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Rajkumar6562
Message 34 of 286 (18,950 Views)

Re: How do I RESTORE my system to the original factory settingsto

i changed my original  windows 7 os.now i need to restore to original.but not the recovery manager available.help me

Honor Student
Rajkumar6562
Message 35 of 286 (18,949 Views)

pls tell clearly i cant unterstand u

Provost
CherylG
Message 36 of 286 (18,937 Views)

@Rajkumar6562

Do you still have the Recovery partition on the hdd? If so, try>>

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager

Student
8beat
Message 37 of 286 (18,921 Views)

Hi,

I've a DV9745EL with original HD and original S.O. Vista x32.

My hd contain the partition recovery and i've created a set disk of  Vista recovery

I use the procedure of HP Recovery (press F11): work properly.

When I boot the NB, I see the green lunch bar of Vista but after few seconds the monitor becomes black and the there isn't hd led activity.

It's the same from DVD recovery.

What's the problem?

Thank's.

Honor Student
grenscot
Message 38 of 286 (18,914 Views)

My HP pavillion tx2000 keeps crasing as well.  Was about to install windows 7 and read your posts plus the messages of advice you received.  Won't install windows 7 now, however did you manage to re-install the original vista and has it solved your issues?

Honor Student
grenscot
Message 39 of 286 (18,910 Views)

My HP pavillion tx2000 keeps crasing as well.  Was about to install windows 7 and read your posts plus the messages of advice you received.  Won't install windows 7 now, however did you manage to re-install the original vista and has it solved your issues?

MJLCOOKE wrote:

Hi, i've had a quick scout around and have i still can't resolve this issue:

I have a HP Pavillion TX 2000 (TX2130ea P/N-KM125EA, S/N-CNF8203LRH)

I have upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - I now know that this was not the best thing i've every done! As you know quite a few drivers do not work. Specifically the the system regularly crashes after 'Sleeping',  Video's crash and fingure print recognition etc.

I would like to go back to the old Vista - guess what, I didn't produce any discs when i bought the machine (again something i have now learnt!). There is no Recovery Manager listed in seaches on the machine or in the Programmes folders. The D partition is still visable and states Recovery with 10gb used, but no visable files. F11 does not work.

Can someone help or am i to dig deep and buy some discs from HP

Ta

Student
rainbowmommybri
Message 40 of 286 (18,869 Views)

I have the new HP Mini. It is only from last year. My windows now says some corrupt error insert cd-rom and click R on startup menu or something like that. I do not want to recover anything but i want to restore my computer to factory settings so i can use my windows not just the HP web & such. It will not let me get to my windows at all. I also tried the f-11 repeatly & it never does anything & on the f10 menu there is not restore button.

How can i restore it if windows will not come up & F11 does not work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation