Question
How do I RESTORE my system to the original factory settings
Replies (290)

Student
scottrdawson
Message 51 of 291 (18,191 Views)

Re: How do I RESTORE my system to the original factory settings

this doesn't work on my HP Compaq 8510w?  Can you help?

Student
cdncuthbert
Message 52 of 291 (18,122 Views)

How do I RESTORE my system to the original factory settings

Student
gkoborss
Message 53 of 291 (18,112 Views)

how to reset to factory settings and remove all second party inscriptions and invitation

Student
jshmnz
Message 54 of 291 (18,084 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CherylG

I did what you had said on page one of this post and I got the "BootMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart." Then you said to use the partition disk but I don't know what to do on the partition disk. Would you please help me on how to use it so I can use my computer or could you link me to a page that shows me how to make it so I can have a normal boot to my desktop.

EDIT: Nevermind I was able to get it working.

Student
ablms
Message 55 of 291 (18,053 Views)

My computer is diplaying this message 

I preformed system recovery and  when Windows tries to boot after recovery, I get a System Configuration Error message:  "Your system has detected a configuration error.  Please report this error to CustomerCare using the phone number found in the Warranty and Support Guide that came with your PC. Unless corrected, this error will prevent your PC from operating properly.  Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the Power button.  After a few seconds your PC will automatically turn off. (Code Purple)".  I have tried to get back to the recovery program by pressing F11 at startup as the manual suggests, but then it just goes into setup.

Student
Big-C
Message 56 of 291 (18,030 Views)

How do i Restore my system to the original factory settings

Student
H_G_C
Message 57 of 291 (18,016 Views)

I have the same problem, I want to restore my Hp Pavilionn dv6 to factory settings, but when the computer restarts for the recovery process I get the 0xc0000225 error, which says that it can't access the disk. I still have the Recovery Partition and HP_Tools Partition and I don't know why my computer can't continue the recovering process and all i can do in that meniu (when i get the error) is to restart Windows 7(Home Premium sp1) and that is the same Windows with no changes.  Anyway I think the only thing left to do is to call HP support office in my country or send my computer to service-it is still covered by warranty. But if anyone knows any other solutions, I'd be glad to hear them! Tks in advance!

Honor Student
micheleadebowal
Message 58 of 291 (17,980 Views)

How do I restore my system...I need to do a recovery....but when i brought my netbook i did not set up the recovery?

Please help

Honor Student
micheleadebowal
Message 59 of 291 (17,978 Views)

Im having trouble with my notebook ..Freezing,slow..ect. net to do a recovery to factory setting..please help

michele

Provost
CherylG
Message 60 of 291 (17,969 Views)

HP Recovery Manager can be accessd from the Start Menu, or by tapping F11 key as soon as you power on the laptop. Recovery Manager is used to reinstall back to factory specs_also used to burn a Recovery Disk set.

Click for more info>>Vista Recovery

Click for more info>>  Windows 7 Recovery

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation