01-09-2012 10:16 AM
I keep getting the popup 'Low disk space D:' after I tried to backup my files. It appears that I only have 8 GB of backup space and I'm wondering if this can be increased so that I can completely backup my files. I've tried deleting files from the backup disk but that did almost no good. Any help would be appreciated.
01-09-2012 07:06 PM
The D: partition is not designed to be used for backup of personal files. It holds the files for reinstalling your operating system and software. To backup personal files you really should look at getting an external USB hdd since a failure of the hdd in your laptop would result in losing the original files as well as the backups.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)