Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I loaded a number of photos off my camera and am now struggling to move them into different folders. I am unable to drag and drop, or copy and paste them into the new folders I have created and am getting more and more fedup!

I am using an HP15-N090SA laptop set up with windows 8.1

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi dpa2013,

Thank you for your post, I am happy to help.

I understand that after updating to Windows 8.1 you are no longer able to copy and paste.

Here is a link to a Microsoft document on Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File.

If this has not resolved your issue I would suggest contacting Microsoft.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

@Sparkles1 wrote:

Hi dpa2013,

Thank you for your post, I am happy to help.

I understand that after updating to Windows 8.1 you are no longer able to copy and paste.

Here is a link to a Microsoft document on Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File.

If this has not resolved your issue I would suggest contacting Microsoft.

microsoft internet explorer is not listed in the program listing for windows 8.1

HP Recommended

Hi dpa2013,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is a link to Copy and Paste Feature Not Working in Windows 8, from the Microsoft community. that has helped other people. Hopefully it will resolve it for you  also. If you are still experiencing this issue, I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows.  When I viewed the specifications for your system, I see it shipped with Windows 7. If you do a system recovery, it will take you back to the original OS. Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7) . You have an option during the recovery process to backup all your data, therefore you would not loose anything. Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7).  Here are the steps to follow before upgrading to Windows 8.1.  Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.   Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I am having the same problem, and I don't understand how to fix it
HP Recommended

HI @Cearradulaney 

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips.

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

i grasp you are having a difficulty moving photos to folders in Windows 8.  Here is a link to  Copy or move files and folders Windows 8 from windows.microsoft.com that will assist you in overcoming this difficulty.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.