Question

Student
rondarling12
Message 1 of 5 (39,466 Views)

How do I press Middle Mouse Button (MMB) on a laptop

Hi, I am using an HP pavilion ntebook dv6000 on windows vista home premium. and i would like to know how to press the midde mouse button, like on a normal mouse it clicks when you push on the scroll wheel. I have a mousepad so i dont have a wheel but i can scroll but i cant click the button. thanks!
Master's Graduate
CorMit
Message 2 of 5 (39,461 Views)

Re: How do I press Middle Mouse Button (MMB) on a laptop

[ Edited ]

Hello rondarling12,

Notebooks and the built-in touchpads only have the 2 buttons, they do not have a Middle Mouse Button "MMB". Unless you are using an external Mouse.

***EDIT***

As Kalt stated the touchpad itself acts as a clickable button aswell ... but it acts as a "Left Click" ... there is still no Middle Mouse Button "MMB"

Message Edited by CorMit on 12-05-2008 10:59 PM
--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 3 of 5 (39,460 Views)

If you tap or double-tap the touchpad, it will act as a click.

Student
jurel
Message 4 of 5 (37,611 Views)

Is there any way to remap the touchpad buttons?

If tap and double tap works as left click, remaping the left clic button as MMB could be a solution, at least for me... But I don't know if that's posible.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 5 (37,606 Views)

@jurel

Hi,

Go to:

Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings

and click there on ' Settings... ' button. Choose from the list ' Buttons ' and You will find there control on all actions of touchpad buttons.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation