How do I restore my HP Compaq Presario f700 to factory settings? The f11 instructions do not work? (6624 Views)
Student
Norm3500
Message 1 of 6 (6,624 Views)

How do I restore my HP Compaq Presario f700 to factory settings? The f11 instructions do not work?

The f11 way does not work on mine. I cannot find "recovery manager" in the start menu? It runs Vista and I just wan t to restore it to factory settings and give it to my mom. Thanks -Norm

Master's Graduate
Mahadev_Tech
Message 2 of 6 (6,611 Views)

Re: How do I restore my HP Compaq Presario f700 to factory settings? The f11 instructions do not wor

Hi,

You can order recovery disc from HP and use it to perform recovery.

HP Notebook PCs - Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP - c00810334- Consumer Notebook

HP Notebook PCs - Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP - c00810334 - HP Business Support...
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 6 (6,608 Views)

Re: How do I restore my HP Compaq Presario f700 to factory settings? The f11 instructions do not wor

Hi Norm,

If you have created a set of Recovery Discs, you can use these to reinstall the operating system and return the notebook to factory conditions - simply insert the first disc and then restart to boot from it.

If you don't have these, you can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below - I believe these are around $16.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Distinguished Professor
TheOldMan
Message 4 of 6 (6,595 Views)

Just a comment here, Norm.  Is this computer having a problem that you hope will be cured by doing a Recovery?

{---------- Please click the "White Kudos" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Student
mansoorgudd1
Message 5 of 6 (6,085 Views)

rem:need drivers

Hi,

I have compaq presario f700 laptop .it's cd rom (model-sony CRX-830E) doesn't shows  I check its drivers but dosent found.

please help

Thakhyou

Master's Graduate
Mahadev_Tech
Message 6 of 6 (6,064 Views)

Re: rem:need drivers

Hi,

Did you mean that you are not able to find the CD rom in my computer or in device manager.

If its in the my computer try downloading the program from the below link and run it.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

If its not getting detected in the device manager try removing the optical drive and then plugging it back.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation