09-21-2012 08:51 AM
Product: HP G56 # XG598UA#ABA Windows 7 64bit
I can no longer install windows updates because the computer itself claims I do not have a genuine copy of windows 7. The laptop was purchased with all software installed from HP. The exact error is "Windows 7 build 7601 This is not a genuine copy of windows"
Do I need to restore my computer to factory default or do I just need a new product key?
09-21-2012 08:57 AM
Please find thelink given below might help you to resolve your issue.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
09-21-2012 08:58 AM - edited 09-21-2012 08:58 AM
Follow the instructions to re-activate your operating system found in this Microsoft Answers thread.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)