How do I stop explorer from opening a new browser window for every link on my probook4530s? (5424 Views)
Honor Student
mindia1
Message 1 of 4 (5,424 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I stop explorer from opening a new browser window for every link on my probook4530s?

Help! Every session finds me with too many windows open! It's driving me crazy. I've looked all over and can't find an answer to this problem.

Thanks in advance

Master's Graduate
muka3D
Message 2 of 4 (5,414 Views)

Re: How do I stop explorer from opening a new browser window for every link on my probook4530s?

[ Edited ]

Hey mindia1,

I'm not sure which version of Internet Explorer you are using, however these steps are fairly universal. We need to make sure that tabbed browsing is enabled.

1. Open the Control Panel (click Start, type Control Panel, and then click on the Control Panel icon)
  2. Find & open "Internet Options" in the Control Panel (you may have to switch to "Large Icon" view and not Category View)
  3. Under the "General" tab, there should be a section called "Tabs". Click the "Tabs" button in that section, and you will find all sorts of options for tabbed browsing.
  4. Set up everything the way you'd like it, make sure that "Enable Tabbed Browsing" is checked.

ietabsettings.png

The settings on that screen are fairly self explanatory, however if you have questions about them, feel free to post here. Also make sure you are running the latest version of Internet Explorer by running Windows Update. IE10 is the latest release for Windows 7 and 8.

For more information on Internet Explorer tabs: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tabbed-browsing-frequently-asked-questions

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Honor Student
mindia1
Message 3 of 4 (5,397 Views)

Re: How do I stop explorer from opening a new browser window for every link on my probook4530s?

Thanks! It worked!

Master's Graduate
muka3D
Message 4 of 4 (5,384 Views)

That's great! Thanks for posting back and marking it as a solution!
___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation