Question

Honor Student
MightyQ
Message 1 of 4 (2,418 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do Install ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 10 on my computer?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for joining the conversation, please be sure to take the mandatory training materials for HP employees

http://intranet.hp.com/ipg/MyIPG/gcso/Pages/forum_training111708.aspxHP Pavillion dv7-6143cl Entertainment PC

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (Upgraded from Windows Home Premium 64 bit)

"YOU NEED FLASH PLAYER 10.0 TO VIEW THIS VIDEO. DOWNLOAD NOW"

Computer purchased on 23 Aug 2011

Upgraded the operating system from WIN-7 Home Premium (64-bit) to WIN-7 Professional (64-bit).

I have downloaded and installed the latest  version (10.3) of ADOBE FLASH PLAYER at least 10 times but keep getting the message that I need to install FLASH PLAYER. I cannot view any videos on FaceBook or YouTube. What is the problem?????

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (2,400 Views)

Re: Why does ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 10 not work on my computer?

Hi,

Try the following.

First, download the Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

When the download has completed, close all browser windows and run the uninstaller.  After this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next, download and install Firefox and then using Firefox, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.

Launch Firefox and see if the videos play Ok - if they do, close Firefox, open IE ( Make sure you use Internet Explorer and not Internet Explorer 64bit ) and click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component.  When done, restart IE.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
MightyQ
Message 3 of 4 (2,385 Views)

Thanx DP-K. As long as I run FB or YouTube in Firefox, everything is ok. Still does not work with IE

MightyQ

Student
Oystercloud
Message 4 of 4 (1,785 Views)

The requested URL /pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe was not found on this server

Hi I just tried to do the first step and it came up with this message?

Can you help?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation