How do you get iPhone 4 pictures downloaded to Windows 8? (22852 Views)
Top Student
Missboy
Message 1 of 11 (22,852 Views)

How do you get iPhone 4 pictures downloaded to Windows 8?

I can connect my iPhone to USB but it will not download any pictures, how do you get windows 8 to recognize iphone?

Intern
DAYLONDEON
Message 2 of 11 (22,851 Views)

Re: How do you get iPhone 4 pictures downloaded to Windows 8?

well most will say that the easiest way to do it is just use iTunes and then sync a picture folder.

however, you can click on Photo Viewer in Windows 8 and then export your photos that way.

it's supposed to prompt you though when you connect your iPhone to "Import Videos and Photos" .. does it not do that?
Top Student
Missboy
Message 3 of 11 (22,846 Views)

no it does not give any kind of prompt which I thought was strange. I can go to my computer and see my iphone listed but all it shows is space available??

I am going to link to Itunes....Thanks

Student
urimche
Message 4 of 11 (21,907 Views)

aaaaa

Student
dstd
Message 5 of 11 (13,676 Views)

So I synced my pictures on itunes now how do I view them? there seems to be no selection to simply view them , frustrating experiance .

Student
cwolfpack3
Message 6 of 11 (13,623 Views)

you have the setting disabled that allows a notification box to pop up when you connect the phone. It will need to be enabled. Meanwhile: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4581740?start=0&tstart=0

Student
TennBears
Message 7 of 11 (11,128 Views)

How do I enable that so the notification box pops up?
Student
slimjim2
Message 8 of 11 (10,128 Views)

how do i download pictures fro iphone4s to windows 8 computer

Student
DaChong
Message 9 of 11 (7,805 Views)

This assumes your phone is connected via cord to your computer, but the auto-import function is not popping up.

Open your photo viewer.  This can be accessed from the "Tile" home screen.  It simply says, "Photos."  From that screen you will see some tiles along the bottom with names like "Photo Library," "Skydrive Photos," "Devices," etc.  Right click on that screen, (but not on one of those tiles).  A black bar will appear across the bottom of the screen, and in the bottom right-hand corner will be a round button that says "Import".  It has an icon of a camera with a cord attached.  Choose your iphone.

If this is your first scan of your phone, the program will pull up all pictures on your phone, and select them all for transfer.  You can de-select them if you wish.  If this is not your first transfer, the program will only select photos taken on your phone since your last transfer.  Note: transfering photos to your computer does not delete them from your phone.  

Student
NicolasYolanda
Message 10 of 11 (5,491 Views)

[ Edited ]

You may use Photo Gallery from Windows Lives on PC.

I transfer my picture with this on Win 7, don't know if there is still available on Win 8.
Or you may try to use iPhone Transfer to transfer them.
If you are using Mac, you can manually connect them via USB.
Or you can do it wirelessly on your iPhone by switch ON the Photo Stream under iCloud selection.
Also you can read the guide
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation