Accepted Solution

How to INSTALL Fresh Windows 7 On HP Envy 4 1002tx. Urgent Help Needed

[ Edited ]

Model: HP ENVY 4 1002tx 

32 gb SSD

500 gb HHD

4 GB RAM

2 GB graphics card

Hi I'm currently using ubuntu on my notebook. And now I want to install back my previous default OS on my notebook.

I only just have ubuntu on my HP notebook. I want to install fresh copy of windows 32/64 bit as you suggest on my notebook and want to make exactly it was when i bought it.

Please tell the steps. 

I tried to install but it is showing to browse drives for cd or dvd or flash.

Please help me with this. Tell me which driver to download and which to not from hp support and download and also tell me in which form should i download it ie .exe or compressed in .zip and then create flash usb.

Also tell me which os should i use to install i.e. Windows7 32 bit / 64 bit. Please reply as soon as possible.

I want to run my notebook as it was running with fast SSD support when i bought it.

Thanking you.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 15 (3,873 Views)

Re: How to INSTALL Fresh Windows 7 On HP Envy 4 1002tx. Urgent Help Needed

Did you make a recovery media usb flashdrive or disk set?

What was the operating system it was delivered with?

You are going to need to use an Ubuntu live flash drive  to delete the partitions on the hard disk and return them to RAW or FAT32 type. Ubuntu uses ext4 and Linux swap files that are not recognized by Windows installers.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Joye_Clinton
Message 3 of 15 (3,857 Views)

Did you mean i need to boot my notebook with the ubuntu live usb flash and then delete all the partitions and then cancel the installtion in the middle of ubuntu and return from there...??\
My another question is when i tried to boot it with windows 7 flash it gives me the window to browse the drivers so please explain how to store drivers and from where should i get then..??
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 15 (3,850 Views)

What I meant was exactly what I asked you.  Read my reply again and answer the questions that I asked before asking me anything.

We need to establish a baseline in order to begin troubleshooting.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Tutor
Joye_Clinton
Message 5 of 15 (3,846 Views)

Sorry for my mis cooperation.

I had not made any recovery USB media.
It came with Windows 7 64 bit home basic operating system.
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 15 (3,811 Views)

No worries. :smileyhappy:

I am sorry to hear that you did not create a recovery disk set. It was asked of you or whomever set up your notebook very shortly after it was turned on for the first time. That media creation abilitywas also available in the All Programs -->HP -->HP Recovery Manager -->Recovery Media Creation. Since you installed Ubuntu and formatted the drive, that is no longer an option.

You will have to install it in one of two ways. You can purchase a recovery disk set from HP. 

You can download an iso file of the matching operating system from here and create a USB Microsft Windows installer and use the license activation key ( all 25 characters) that is on the Microsoft Windows sticker on the bottom of your notebook.

Best regards,

erico

Tutor
Joye_Clinton
Message 7 of 15 (3,786 Views)

Thanks for your kind help, but the link you have given is not getting found. It says "page not found", can you provide me another link for iso image.

Tutor
Joye_Clinton
Message 8 of 15 (3,778 Views)

Please tell me As soon as possible.
And if you have multiple links to get recovery iso image for envy4 1002tx then give me them too.
Thanking you
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 9 of 15 (3,775 Views)

Hello Joye_Clinton.

It seems the site that erico linked to no longer hosts the files.  You can also locate the appropriate ISO to download at this site.

I hope this helps.  Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 10 of 15 (3,772 Views)

[ Edited ]

Joye_Clinton,

Sorry but there are no "HP Recovery Disc" images available for download. When you first setup your computer you should have created a set of Recovery Discs as recommended by HP.

Please see this HP forum thread entitled "How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc" for instructions, downloads, and tools needed to install Windows 7 on a computer when you don't have a disc.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation