Question

Student
Hiteshbairathi
Message 1 of 2 (2,417 Views)

How to Install Linux Mint or any other Linux Operating System in my HP Win7 Laptop

How to Install Linux Mint or any other Linux Operating System in my HP Laptop. I have already got Windows7 with it. I don't want to remove my Window7 and i like to install one Operating System. I can install Ubuntu 11.10 using WUBI but as other LINUX OS not come with WUBI and also Ubuntu 12.04 not gonna come with WIBU I can't install it.

So please the me the procedure to install LINUX without using WUBI or any other virtual machine software like VMWare

I tried to boot LINUX MINT 12 DVD, after getting the option of selecting the drive to install the OS. I can't create partition of it. Thats why i remove whole data of my computer.

I wanted to install LINUX and also don't want to Remove any data of my WINDOWS 7

I HAVE HP PAVALION DV6 6115 WITH 500GB HARD DISK

4GB RAM

1GB RADEON GRAPIC CARD.

I contacted to HP computer support they always say we don't support that they didn't support third party softwares. I don't care about the right. I just wanted to install LINUX. So please suggest be how to install it.

Intern
fantastic2m
Message 2 of 2 (2,408 Views)

Re: How to Install Linux Mint or any other Linux Operating System in my HP Win7 Laptop

I real don't no how u want your dual boot.
But see what I did.
Install your fresh LINUX to a new partition.
Depending on ur system config.
This partition may not be accessed by win7.
After de install.
run easyBCD by neosmart on ur windows7 u can download here http://www.datafilehost.com/download-9cebbd33.html
And add a new boot system and choose LINUX.
That easy.
Now when u restart your pc you should see a windows boot system wit neosmart LINUX included.
Working fine for me and I love UBUNTU.
Do give kudos and accept answer if it works.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation