How to Recover lost Partition Recovery tool? (19710 Views)
Top Student
JoRKaTa
Message 1 of 15 (19,710 Views)

How to Recover lost Partition Recovery tool?

[ Edited ]

I am with HP Pavilion DV7. I had a partition which was called HP_RECOVERY ... but I am so st*pid that i deleted the tool. THe partition is still there but its empty. Is it possible to get it back and how? I used the HP Health Check program and i press something and i split out the recovery partition. It was like 15gb all but when i split it out it goes to 8gbs and 7gbs. The one with the recovery tool was almost full and i wanted to get them split in together. I used Paragon Partition Manager to merge them back together. But what i made ... and the recovery tool went into the other partition and its was like 4mbs... its just gone. Dont know do u understand me but i hope to. Thank you in advance and sry for my bad english ! 

This is the thing for which i am talking about :  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810279&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Message Edited by JoRKaTa on 07-04-2009 10:08 AM
Message Edited by JoRKaTa on 07-04-2009 10:27 AM
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 15 (19,683 Views)

Re: How to Recover lost Partition Recovery tool?

Hi,

Create a set of operating system recovery discs and everything will be ok. How to do it all informations here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
JoRKaTa
Message 3 of 15 (19,671 Views)

[ Edited ]

And i cant back the recovery partition ?! If i got a critical prob and I have to use this set of operating system recovery discs what will happened on my laptop? Dont know how to say it right. Will it be like the first starting up?! I mean how it was manufacteured or it will be with the programs which are at the laptop at the moment of the creation ?! Dont know how to say it right! :smileysad: If the hard disk drive fails or becomes corrupted and I use the recovery disc which i made now, will they restore the PC back to its original factory operating system settings or to the current one at the momment of creation of the discs ?! Think now its more clearly! Thank you in advance !

P.S. : I started to create the recovery discs but its from 30mins on Collecting Files phase is that normal ?! How long it takes to create those disc?! THank you in advance and sorry again !

Message Edited by JoRKaTa on 07-04-2009 03:22 PM
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 15 (19,657 Views)

Creating a Recovery Disk set takes from 60-90 minutes on Vista machines_at least in my experiences. Using the Recovery set will restore the laptop back to factory specs...

Btw, The D:\ Recovery is supposed to appear almost full. It is set up at HP at a size only large enough to hold the files needed to do a reinstall.(Never use it for backing up user files.)

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
JoRKaTa
Message 5 of 15 (19,625 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well I started to create the disc before 2h and a half ... and its still at the "Collecting File" phase. Nothing shows at the window ... its so strange! is that normal or what ?! I think its not.

This is what it shows to me from 2h and a half till now : Screen

P.S. - This is abosuletly madness 5hours and the same screen ... WHats going on?! Anybody could tell me please ?!

Message Edited by JoRKaTa on 07-05-2009 03:37 AM
Top Student
julier
Message 6 of 15 (19,250 Views)

To recover lost Mac partitions recover lost Mac partition

If the partition containing the Operating system is lost, remove the hard drive from the computer and connect it as a secondary drive and trial run Applexsoft File Recovery Software from the host operating system to recover the lost partition. On the other hand if any other partition containing the file is lost, you can install the software on another healthy partition and perform the file recovery.

Steps to be taken after a partition is lost for successful data recovery

• Do not format the drive or re-partition it.
  • Do not write anything to the drive containing lost partitions.
  • Do not try to re-create or repair lost partitions
  • Do not run any disk utilities or any defrag utility
Student
ZeeLebaow
Message 7 of 15 (17,951 Views)

how to recover lost Partition Recovery if i have not created the recovery disk

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 15 (17,906 Views)

Contact HP to order a Recovery set.Usually around $20.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Fatherof1000s
Message 9 of 15 (16,822 Views)

In my case I had reinstalled Windows, in this case attempting Windows 7. Later discovered i had 32-bit O/S on this 64-bit machines, so decided to revert to Vista.

I still had the recovery partition, and with an HP tower, but F11 wasn't working. I set the active partition and now F11 worked, however I started gettiing this 100a error when restoring.

Someone mentioned this may have to do with partitioning, and I had built custom partitions on the disk (and Windows 7 installs its own small boot partition. So, I wiped out all partitions but the HP recovery one (using Ultimate Boot CD), and then recovery worked fine.

Provost
CherylG
Message 10 of 15 (14,879 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Fatherof1000s

happy to hear you solved your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation