Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

HP EliteBook 840 G1 with 32GB SSD and 500GB SATA running Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise x64. RAID and Ctrl-I are checked in BIOS.

We had a SATA disk failure and it was replaced with another 500GB drive.

I'm trying to reinstall the OS now and I can't get to the RAID menu at the boot (pressing Ctrl-I doesn't do anything). I see both drives during Window installation but I can only install the OS on the SSD drive.

After the installation is completed and all drivers are installed (including Intel Rapid Storage drivers) I still can't access RAID config. The storage controller is identified as Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller and I do see the SATA drive via Disk Management. How to I access RAID menu during boot and eventually rebuild the RAID?

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

After replaced hard drive, Intel RAID controler should automatic rebuild RAID1. Install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (not the F6 inf driver pack) and run the Intel Rapid Storage Technology control panel. You should be able to use the software to rebuild or create RAID.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology manual (page.18)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03921213

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I did install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from the EliteBook 840 G1drivers page (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060), however I can't see any RAID volums if I run it.  Both disks are seen as separate drives (below is a screenshot).

Untitled.png

Any other hints?

HP Recommended

1. The system partition is on SSD

2. The unit is not in RAID configuartion or Intel Smart Response

3.  You can go to Manage option to configure RAID or Intel Smart Response

4. Are you trying to setup RAID 1 or Intel Smart Response?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

I think that the problem is "We reset the RAID " via Ctrl + I  during POST

and then we reboot the NB.

But we can't enter the "create RAID" scrren via  "Ctrl + I  " in the next time.

Do we lost our mSATA HDD's RAID driver? How can we re-install it?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, bro.

I think that we meet the same issue.

I had tried may ways to solve it, but they doesn't work.

Finally, I delete to 32GB cache partition and then re-install (Intel® RST).

After that I can enable IRST function in "Status " page !!

WOW ~ Heaven helps those who help themselves!

Try it!

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I have an 840 G2 model. How do i free up the cache partition. I have installed windows 10 and the system partition is on 32GB cache drive. 

Please let me know how can i move the system partition to other ssd drive?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.