01-19-2013 06:12 AM - edited 01-19-2013 06:19 AM
1.Netbook Mini 200-4222TU/2600/2GB/320GB/10"Inch
5.HP MINI 200-4222TU/10"Inch
This question was solved. View Solution.
01-19-2013 12:59 PM - edited 01-19-2013 01:04 PM
The native resolution of your screen is 1024 X 600 and what that means is that those are the fixed number of pixels in your screen and there is no physical way of changing that fixed resolution to 1024 X 768 or 1366 X 768.
I know W8 needs a minimum resolution of 1024 X 768 and the only way to change that is to install a new screen with that higher resolution.
I took a look at laptopscreens.com and there is a screen that will fit, but whether or not the video card of your Mini will recognize the higher resolution is a gamble. Laptopscreen.com won't accept returns based on incompatibility issues.
You may also run into driver problems with W8 as well.
Best stick with you original OS. I know this kind of sucks, but you may dig your self into hole wasting time and a fair amount of money trying to get your Mini to run W8.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)