07-19-2009 05:51 PM
Ok, so I'm in quite of a fickle. Currently I'm using an HP HDX 18 laptop, and ran into a problem with an operating system on one of the two harddrives. So I clean installed Windows 7 onto the Data harddrive and have been doing fine since. Now I'm trying to find all of the software stuff that I have on the other harddrive but not on the clean install Windows 7, such as the fingerprint scanner, webcam, and quick access buttons. I have the latest Digital Personal (and it still works fine on the other harddrive) but it cannot detect the fingerprint scanner. I can access the fingerprint startup program on the log in screen too, but it only allows me to get to the windows password page before saying "invalid parameters" to everything I type. So my question is how to get Digital Persona to detect the fingerprint software? Do I need some sort of driver for the fingerprint reader itself?
And if possible, is there a package that would allow me to install everything that came with my laptop?
Thanks in advance.
07-20-2009 07:31 AM
I think the Digital Persona Software should work with the Fingerprint Sensor Driver.
Here is the Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (for Vista 32 and 64):
Hope it works ; )
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)