Re: How to detect fingerprint scanner? (1550 Views)
Student
Rauzaruke
Message 1 of 2 (1,573 Views)

How to detect fingerprint scanner?

Ok, so I'm in quite of a fickle. Currently I'm using an HP HDX 18 laptop, and ran into a problem with an operating system on one of the two harddrives. So I clean installed Windows 7 onto the D:smileyvery-happy:ata harddrive and have been doing fine since. Now I'm trying to find all of the software stuff that I have on the other harddrive but not on the clean install Windows 7, such as the fingerprint scanner, webcam, and quick access buttons. I have the latest Digital Personal (and it still works fine on the other harddrive) but it cannot detect the fingerprint scanner. I can access the fingerprint startup program on the log in screen too, but it only allows me to get to the windows password page before saying "invalid parameters" to everything I type. So my question is how to get Digital Persona to detect the fingerprint software? Do I need some sort of driver for the fingerprint reader itself?

And if possible, is there a package that would allow me to install everything that came with my laptop? 

Thanks in advance. 

Honor Student
chriszyf
Message 2 of 2 (1,550 Views)

Re: How to detect fingerprint scanner?

I think the Digital Persona Software should work with the Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

Here is the Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (for Vista 32 and 64):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44001-44500/sp44089.exe

Hope it works ; )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation