Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

: How to flash BIOS without having HP Tools Partition

HP Recommended

hellow my friends can your help me???????????//

i have my hp pavillion G6

i was updating bios, then it was require to restart, it doest not able to startup even to display any thing

HP Recommended

Hi ilalatz,

Welcome to the HP Forums! When you try to start the Pavilion do the Num or Caps Lock button flash at all? If so how many times? You can try Restoring the BIOS and see if that gets you working again.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hello I spend a cq compaq 1110la was updating the bios and hung and restart and stay dead, turning on the bulb gets yellow and beeps continuously and do what it says recovery bios with keys windows + by sometimes stays on the blue bulb but does nothing more! agradeszco if you could help me thank you very much! if someone has the file to rewrite the bios!

HP Recommended

Dear Friend

Sorry to bother you.

My name is Henrique Vieira and I'm seending you this reply because a have a computer with a danified BIOS and I can't find the files for that. 

I see the tutorial above , written by you.

Where can I find that BIOS Files to an HP compaq CQ61 - 410SP ? The computer don't turn on so must to be without HP partition tools.

Can you help me please?

Best Regards

Henrique Vieira

HP Recommended
hi guys, I have a problem I recently updated bios of my hp 15-d017tu and now keyboard and touchpad is not working im using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit os...pls suggest how to make it right
HP Recommended

Ik kan het niet begrijpen van men hier en daar ?  als men om een optie vraagt zoals corrupted windows/laptop/notebook whatever  in ieder geval Corrupted dus in 1 woord voor de mensen die jan en lul verhalen typen en menen dat het helpt ? NO WAY DAMNN U !!! helemaal geen flikker !! dus als men begint te vertellen aan een corrupted **bleep** whatever he?  dan zeg je niet ja je zet pc aan en klikt start en blablabkla  maar zeg als eerst van hier aub download dit programma of flash drive of disk **bleep** wat het allemall ook maar moet voorstellen ? geloof mij ik wil er geen **bleep** over weten maar wat ik wel wil is dus geen gelul zoals Microsoft bibiotheek pfff 20 dagen lezen tot aan schroef en moer van de pc tot dat je pc na 20 dagen nog het zelfde is power knop inhouden **bleep** verhaal no way ! battery er in er uit ? no way! alles eruit halen zo min mogelijk pc belasten huh?? no way ! als ik nu eens wist dat mijn moederbord naar de klote was dan had ik dat ding zo in de prullenbak gesmeten voor dat ik de goud eruit gehaald heb natuurlijk !! en dan koop ik een notebook waar het meest goud in zit is de sterkste pc ooit !! en met MICROSOFT WIL IK GEEN **bleep** MEE TE MAKEN HEBBEN PFFFFFF LEZEN EN NOG EENS LEZEN MENSEN TOCH BIED GEWOON HET DOWNLOAD AAN GRAAG ZO VOLLEDIG MOGELIJK ALLES OOK WAT ERBIJ HOORT ZODAT IK HET KAN KOPIEREN ZOALS IK HET ALTIJD HEB GEDAAN OP SCHOOL EN MIJN CORRUPTED NOTEBOOK HP530 **bleep** PC MET WINDOWS 7 EN NIKS WERKT GEWOON NIKS BEHALVE 🙂 1X FLASH CAPS LOCK BIJ STARTENNE THATS IT EN OO JAH DRAAIENDE VENTILATOR NATUURLIJK DUS PC STAAT AAN - USB NO - SCREEN NO WAY-VENTILATOR YES - POWER  YES CHEK TO 18,61VOLT MULTIMETER IS OK ............IK HEB DUS GEEN INFO NODIG .......,.,,.IK HEB OOK GEEN ZIN OM NOG EENS MAAND LANG ZOEKEN WAT DAT **bleep** HEEFT .......MAAR EEN VERHAAL TUSSEN DOOR ALS  MEN BIJ VOORBEELD MET EEN KAPOTTE AUTO STAAT LANGS DE WEG DAN ZOU MEN OM HULP VRAGEN EN VERVOLGENS WORDT ER GEZEGD ? JAH MEVROUW OF WEL MIJNHEER ALS U RECHTDOOR RIJD EN LINKS EN RECHTS ??????? JA ZO STA IK DUS TE KIJKEN OP MICROSOFT EN HP HIER ZELFDE VERHAAL ...DAT ALS IK ZEG HALLOOOOOOO NIKS WERKT (AUTO IS TOETTELOE HOE KAN IK START EN RECHTDOOR ALS DE AUTO CORRUPTED IS EN NEE START KNOP INHOUDEN WERKT NIET EN F8 OOK NIET FLASHEN BIOS OOK NIET WANT HET WERKT NIET DVD-RW DOET HET WEL ALLE WINDOWS GEBRUIKT ZELFS WINDOWS 98 VISTA BOOT 2000 SERVERS ENNE ENZ ENZ ZELS HARDE SCHIJF VERWISSELT HEB ER 10 LIGGEN ENE ER IN ANDER ERUIT ALS IK MIJ NET ZO LANG MET MIJN SLETJES HEB ER WEL MEER DAN 10 SLETJES HOLLANDS/INDISCH /BLOND CHICA WAT JE MAAR KAN DENKEN ..DAT HEB IK GROTE LUL HEB IK MAAR MIJNE WERKT MAAR MIJN HP530 NOTEBOOK PC WINDOWS 7 1.60GHZ INTEL CELERON M IC CORRUPTEN NON DISK **bleep** WERKT NIET MAAR DRAAID WEL EN NEE 2DE SCHERM HDMI  OF VGA NEE WERKT NIET FN+4 WERKT NIET ..........................................HEEFT IEMAND NOU EEN SOFTWARE OF IETS MET EEN PASBAAR USB TOT 2GB KAN VULLEN EN ALS IK DAT DUS IN MIJN EXTERNE DAN BEDOEL IK OOK DAT IK MEERDEREN PC HEB EN EEN OPLOSSING ZOEK VOOR EEN ANDER PC HIERBIJ MIJN HP LANGS MIJ DOOD LIGT TE GAAN ALS NIEMAND DIE HP LANGS MIJ OP TAFEL LIGT TE TE VERGAAN DOOD TE GAAN HP HE SNAPTE  HELP MET SOFTWARE MAAR NIET MET **bleep** VERHALEN VAN 10 BLADZIJDES EN DO BIJ DAT SOFWARE OOK BESCHIJVING BIJ EN GRAAG EEN BESCHRIJVING IN NEDERLAND /DUTCH/ BLOND CHIKS LANGUAGE OK THANKS ANY TIME BUT .........................no speech BUT MORE SOLUTIONS ............................no speech BUT MORE SOLUTIONS .....................no speech BUT MORE SOLUTIONS  SOFWARE/DOWNLOADS/MORE EFFECTIEF THINGS  U NOW THE BLOND ONE TAKE HURE HURRY HP CORRUPTED NO **bleep** WORKS AND PLS IT IS NOT FOR THIS PC BUT FOR MY NEXT OLD PC .......ONE OLD BOY HP530 CURRUPT NO SCREEN NO **bleep** NO SOLUTIONS 

HP Recommended

@HaggisCat wrote:

Download 7-Zip run it and restart your machine.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Download the BIOS file and save it to the desk top.

Right click on the BIOS file and "extract files"  You should have this :

RomPuq.PNG

and then open Rompaq to this :

BIN File.PNG

Take your flash drive and right click on in "Computer" to format it to FAT 32 and drag the BIN file onto the flash drive.

The BIN file is the actual BIOS information and when I fixed my HDX, that's all that was needed on the flashdrive. (no need to make it bootable)

Do not pull the flash drive out from the USB port, in W7 go to your tool bar and click on "show hidden icons" beside the flag. There will be an option there for the USB port to safely eject the flash drive. In Vista you right click on the flash drive in "Computer" to eject.

Remove the battery and adapter on the bricked computer and hold the power down for 30 seconds.

Plug in the flash drive in one of the USB ports on the left side of the machine, hold the "Windows" and "B" key at the same time and plug the adapter in. Power up and the laptop should start to beep, when it does, release the key's.

On my HDX I had to repeat these steps twice before it worked. I later took a healthy mother board with a retail copy of W7 on the hard drive to see if I could flash the BIOS in this way, it did not work until the third try. I wanted to find out if there had be any HP partitions on the hard drive, which there were none of course.

The BIOS file my HDX was named FD and I later found that I had to change its name to BIN, you may have to do the same if this does not work. Change it from 68AHH.BIN to 68AH.BIN and try again.

I don't know if this will work, but you have nothing to loose.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If any one attempts this on their machine please start a new thread and send me a PM of the link to that thread. This way I can assure you get the correct BIOS file on the flash drive or if it's even possible. (I will need your full model and part number on the underside of your laptop) This procedure is not endorsed by HP and is experimental by nature, so this is done at your own risk, however at this point it does look promising.

YOU SHAVED MY LIFE!!!

I had been updating the BIOS on  a HP 6300 SSF and it bricked (red light blinking with 8 short beeps, another sequence,  then the fan goes on full blast and red light just keeps blinking) I was gonna give up but then I came by your post. The file I needed was in a diffrent location mind you. For it was in C:\swsetup\SP77888\DOS Flash and it was called  K01_0304.BIN . There was also another file in that folder called flshuefi.cpu , I copied that file over as well to the root of the USB drive. Don't know if it mattered or not. Eitherway I'm so happy it worked. I had a Deadline to meet and now I will be able to thanks to you. I really appreciate you posting this soultion (made a whole HP account just to thank you).

HP Recommended
I need help in creating the BIOS USB

Product.

HP PAVILION DV4

Part NO.

NQ219PA#AB4.

Can anyone please help me? I cannot find the mentioned files inside the update package.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.