Question

Honor Student
mestizo73
Message 1 of 14 (79,499 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to get HP Coolsense software working again after clean install (win7)?

[ Edited ]

I recently bought a DV7-6014TX and upgraded to a SSD and a clean install of windows 7 64bit retail version. I want to know how do I get HP Coolsense working again? I saved the SW drivers folder from my original hard drive so I have all of those. I  downloaded SP52814 the coolsense installer, but it doesnt seem to work. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 14 (79,478 Views)

Re: coolsense?

Coolsense also requires  HP Support Assistant see links below

HP Notebook PCs - About CoolSense Technology

Download

HP Support Assistant

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Honor Student
mestizo73
Message 3 of 14 (79,470 Views)

thanks for your reply. That definately helped, the only problem is there is a performance trade off. After I installed that my performance went way down. I decided to uninstall it and have a faster system.

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 4 of 14 (78,826 Views)

Have you tried the stand alone version to see if it works on your system?

HP CoolSense Technology

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Student
MadTonyB
Message 5 of 14 (78,499 Views)

I thougth that getting coolsense to run would be a snap, but I guess I'm not the only one having these types of problems.

Tutor
baberb
Message 6 of 14 (65,919 Views)

This really sucks.  I just bought this EliteBook 8560w, and apparantly I cannot install CoolSense.  I tried installing it, but there are no options in HP Support Assistance for CoolSense.  There really should be some way to configure the way the fan ramps with temperature.  

I found this forum: http://forum.techinferno.com/hwinfo32-64-discussion/59-hp-notebook-fan-control-hwinfo32.html

They are talking about a great piece of software called hwinfo, which would let you edit the lookup tables used to set the fan speeds on many laptops out there.  Unfortunately again, this is not possible on my EliteBook.

Sounds like CoolSense wouldn't even be that good, anyway....I'm becoming more and more dis-satisfied with this EliteBook and all the HP crapware that came with it every day

Student
aram85
Message 7 of 14 (61,790 Views)

Re: How to get HP Colleens software working again after clean install (win)?

mestizo73 wrote:

I recently bought a DV7-6014TX and upgraded to a SSD and a clean install of windows 7 64bit retail version. I want to know how do I get HP Coolsense working again? I saved the SW drivers folder from my original hard drive so I have all of those. I  downloaded SP52814 the coolsense installer, but it doesnt seem to work. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Intern
thomasr1950
Message 8 of 14 (59,978 Views)

Re: How to get HP Colleens software working again after clean install (win)?

Coolsense will not work on my unit. I did not do a clean install. It won't work when i click the link. I updated the bios, did a reinstall of the software. Will not work. Now HP says send it in. This is the 2nd time for this to go back for the same issue.

Top Student
AngelX
Message 9 of 14 (26,640 Views)

Re: How to get HP Coolsense software working again after clean install (win7)?

I would like to know who in their right mind listed this one as solved?! the problem wasn't solved, and most people are still suffering from this prblem without proper solution from HP. 

Student
umarbhutta
Message 10 of 14 (21,163 Views)

i wnat to download pavilion dv6-7020us entertainment  coolsense

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation