How to install ubuntu on hp envy 15 i7/1 TB/8 gb/2gb graphics (1198 Views)
Student
Manoj_Ahir
Message 1 of 6 (1,198 Views)

How to install ubuntu on hp envy 15 i7/1 TB/8 gb/2gb graphics

How to install ubuntu on hp envy 15 i7/1 TB/8 gb/2gb graphics

I can't install Ubuntu on My Notebook.

Student
ckyony
Message 2 of 6 (1,149 Views)

Re: How to install ubuntu on hp envy 15 i7/1 TB/8 gb/2gb graphics

Hi,

I also have the same problem. So keep the forum posted on your progress.

HP
Dunidar
Message 3 of 6 (1,130 Views)

Manoj_Ahir and ckyony

Unfortunately, HP does not provide support for the Ubuntu operating system. You should reference Ubuntu to see what support options you can receive from them.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums and hope this helps lead you to a final resolution to your issue. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job." - Anonymous
Student
FatRakoon
Message 4 of 6 (1,124 Views)

Irritatingly, I have 5 HP Laptops, and they have all been using Linux for a while now.
My 3 kids are using MiNT-KDE and I myself am using Sabayon.

However in the last couple of months, with various updates, all my HP Laptops have been failing, while my old Samsung has bee absolutely rock solid.

My 2 main Laptops are my 6370-Core2Duo and the DV6-i7, both use an SSD for root and a 500GB for /home and now that I am finding myself unable to repair the installs, I have had to get the kids back to Windows, but I myself have simply decided that the issue is with HP and therefore, I am no longer going to buy HP Laptops.

I am not the only one who has found this, in other forums I have found many many people seeing the same thing but HP wont give a monkeys. So neither do I.

#guttedwithHP

Honor Student
lalo_landa
Message 5 of 6 (354 Views)

That's why HP sux

Honor Student
lalo_landa
Message 6 of 6 (347 Views)

Besides, that's isn't a good answer since, maybe people need to install Linux without screw the others partitions, such as recovery, diags, etc... so you must to have a procedure for other non windows os installation... anyway I won't ever never to buy a HP machine, never
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation