Question

Honor Student
Nima1977
Message 1 of 9 (1,394 Views)

How to re-install 180-day trial Norton Internet Security on my HP laptop?

I have removed NIS 2012 (or it might have been Norton 360, I don't remember) from my laptop as soon as I bought it (1 week ago). now I want to have it back, when I go to HP Recovery Manager and choose software, there is no trace of Norton, when I go the Norton website and download it there is only 15-day trial.

Is there any way to have Norton back on my laptop without full recovery of the system?

HP Envy dv7

C2H74UA#ABA

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 9 (1,362 Views)

Re: How to re-install 180-day trial Norton Internet Security on my HP laptop?

You will have to do a full recovery to get it back, or you can also just go to nortons website and install the trial. 

THX

Grad Student
compenthusiast
Message 3 of 9 (1,356 Views)

Why not use Windows Defender that comes (or should come) free with Win 8; I use it and it seems painless; no installing.

Good luck!

Nima1977
Message 4 of 9 (1,337 Views)

I need something with manageable firewall, now I am using F-Secure, it was alright in WIndows 7, but seems not being quite compatible with Windows 8. I would prefer to use the free 180-day trial and the buy something more versatile than Windows Defender.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 5 of 9 (1,333 Views)

Typically I suggest defender only if your current firewall is giving a permissions issue or anything else in that area. I would suggest AVG, Norton or Kaspersky.

In your case seems like you enjoy Norton, Stick with it if you want. Go to the website and download the free trial.

THX

Tutor
humayun75
Message 6 of 9 (946 Views)

help internet Security all option

Tutor
humayun75
Message 7 of 9 (945 Views)

al option support
Teacher
AnirbanD
Message 8 of 9 (932 Views)

Your notebook came with Free 180-day Norton Internet Security subscription. It did not come with Norton 360. Check in the box you must have received a product key card to activate the 180 day subscription. If you have lost it then you cannot activate your NIS anymore. For more details on Norton and activation follow the link below 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03640124&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.
Have a good day.
Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
The_HP_User
Message 9 of 9 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]

To get the one that comes with your PC, you will have to clean it out by doing this:

1. Move your cursor to the top right of your screen, and a bar should come down. 

2. Click on settings, then change settings.

3. Click on General, and scroll down to the bottom, and you should see "Reinstall Windows"

4. It will give you two options, 1."Clean your files" and 2."Remove everything and reinstall Windows"

Note: This will take some time.

Or you can just download the trial from the website.

I would recommend McAfee, Norton, or Viper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to click the white star under my name to give me some "Kudos"

Also press the "Accept as Solution" button if I helped you fix the issue, so other people can see the solution if they are having the same problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation