Question

Honor Student
mixen
Message 1 of 10 (7,347 Views)

How to reinstall OS using recovery partition?

I bought a desktop pc touchsmart iq522sc, it comes with vista home premium 64bit OS, accidently I formatted the "C" disc when I first time starting my computer and then I installed vista ultimate 32bit OS on it, it was working fine inittially but now webcam and other things do not work so I need to reinstall vista 64bit. The partition which is contain recovery OS is exists but I cannot use recovery options or f11 since I formatted my "C" disk. Are there anyways to solve this problem? Thenk you. 
Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 2 of 10 (7,345 Views)

Re: How to reinstall OS using recovery partition?

Hey there, you would need to contact HP Support and order a set of recovery discs. These usually cost around $30. Once you have them you will be able to recover the system back to factory.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Honor Student
mixen
Message 3 of 10 (7,299 Views)

Thanks, but I don't want that hassle, aren't there anyways?
Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 4 of 10 (7,298 Views)

Not if you want to recovery the system back to factory condition.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 5 of 10 (7,287 Views)

@Adamtech

Please  do a little research before posting.

@mixen

If you still have recovery partition, try to set that drive become active partition. It will force the BIOS to run it first over Vista partition.

Please remember setting/running recovery system will wipe out all of your data. Please back up before setting it active.

How?

Cheryl, has a good reference for it, here

I quote:

This is an unsupported (by HP) procedure that has worked for many people.Use Disk Mangement in XP to view your hdd partitions.Select the Recovery partition, right click and "Mark as Active". On reboot 'without tapping F11' the pc should boot into and start recovery of Vista.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/disk_management.htm

Good luck

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Student
calistorm
Message 6 of 10 (7,267 Views)

i was kinda surprised my self when i bought my note no os no drivers .all the computers i bought from dell had a os plus restore driver disk.don't get me wrong i like my new notebook but hp should've put os plus the drivers on a disk.can someone explane why they didn't,
Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 7 of 10 (7,266 Views)

Most manufacture, including Dell, are now requiring that you burn a set of recovery discs from the unit when you initially turn it on.

Honor Student
mixen
Message 8 of 10 (7,256 Views)

Thanks for your post, Rakhmad. I did that way that "mark as active" but there is no good result. It just started as same old. I forgot to mention my current OS is cracked :smileysad: vista ultimate 64bit.

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 9 of 10 (7,239 Views)

Either check to see if a local Hp Authorized Service Provider in your area has a set of discs for this unit or contact HP Support and order a set. The second option ensures that you have them for furture use.

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 10 of 10 (7,233 Views)

mixen wrote:

Thanks for your post, Rakhmad. I did that way that "mark as active" but there is no good result. It just started as same old. I forgot to mention my current OS is cracked :smileysad: vista ultimate 64bit.

There are many ways vista has been cracked, one of them is BIOS tempered. Which one did you use? Try to re-flash BIOS.

Good luck.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation