How to reinstall Windows 8 on my HP pavilion laptop with a USB flash drive? (6105 Views)
Top Student
aldrichmi
Message 1 of 4 (6,105 Views)

How to reinstall Windows 8 on my HP pavilion laptop with a USB flash drive?

I bought a HP pavilion laptop with Windows 8, and I have used it for a long time, the Windows 8 is very fast that I like it very much, but something wrong was got with the system, and it can’t run well. I want to reinstall the Windows 8 system on my HP laptop, but it does not support a Windows 8 DVD/CD, so I have to reinstall it with a USB. I want to ask, how to reinstall Windows 8 on my HP Pavilion dv7 with a USB disk?  Thanks inadvance!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (6,070 Views)

Re: How to reinstall Windows 8 on my HP pavilion laptop with a USB flash drive?

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers that are all different. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

When you first setup your computer, you should have created your personal HP Recovery Media. If you didn't create this media, you may need to purchase it from HP.

If the computer is still functional and the HP Recovery partition is still intact and undamaged, see "Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)" for instructions on multiple ways to start the recovery process.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
mialfred
Message 3 of 4 (6,013 Views)

[ Edited ]

Have something wrong with your Windows 8 system on HP laptop, you can restore it to the factory mode; Restore Windows 8 to early backup point; Reinstall Windows 8 system; Take your laptop to repair shop for repair;

Reinstall Windows 8 on HP laptop with a USB is very easy nowadays:

1. Create a Windows 8 USB installation disk with a Windows 8 USB install tool - Finalbooster

2. Set HP laptop to boot from the Windows 8 USB disk

3. Get to the Windows 8 installation program

Student
richard227
Message 4 of 4 (3,556 Views)

I have a new HP Pavillion laptop windows 8> does anyone know how I would backup all of my system files onto a USB stick- 32G. i have never used a USB stick before.

Many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation