How to resize the Hard disk Elitebook 8460P? (835 Views)
Student
winmaff
Message 1 of 4 (835 Views)

How to resize the Hard disk Elitebook 8460P?

I bought the elitebook 8460p in May. I have no idea to do the hard disk partition. The original setting is 400G , recovery disk(about 60G), HP tools (about 5G) and the system. All of these are primary partitions, but I want to resize the hard disk.

Can you tell me how to do this process and reserve the recovery disk in hard disk? Please tell me the procedure. Thx 

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 4 (809 Views)

Re: How to resize the Hard disk Elitebook 8460P?

See this thread, be sure to back up important data before modifying the partitions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-systems-and/Tip-amp-Trick-How-to-partition-H-D-D-in-...

Tutor
Blood-Michael
Message 3 of 4 (788 Views)

What's your OS is? If your OS is the Windows 2008/7/VISTA, The built-in Disk Management could help you do some simple partition reisze, such as shrink one partition, then create a new partition, or delete one partition  then add the unalloaced space into the contiguous partition which is before it. However, you can not move the free space from one partition to another optionally by the DM. If you want to resize your partition easily, you could use other partition manager such as Partition Magic, Partition Assistant, or GPard, hope this could help you

Best regards

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 4 (786 Views)

Blood-Michael wrote:

What's your OS is? If your OS is the Windows 2008/7/VISTA, The built-in Disk Management could help you do some simple partition reisze, such as shrink one partition, then create a new partition, or delete one partition  then add the unalloaced space into the contiguous partition which is before it. However, you can not move the free space from one partition to another optionally by the DM. If you want to resize your partition easily, you could use other partition manager such as Partition Magic, Partition Assistant, or GPard, hope this could help you

Best regards

This won't work on HP notebooks, since they already have 4 primary partitions, I suggest you read the link I posted earlier. Please stop giving this advise for HP notebooks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation