Question

Honor Student
jerrykiwi
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

How to shut off the short cuts??

I would like to turn off just some short cuts such as control-W and control-R.   How can I do this?

On the keybord of the Pavilion dv6-3236nr, the control buttons are just under the shift key.  When typing emails, I often go too fast and sometimes hit the control button along with the shift key and then when trying to make a capital W, I end up closing out of the site or when trying to make a capital R, I end up rebooting that site.  Very annoying.  How do I turn off only certain shortcuts? 

How do I turn off all the shortcuts?  I would rather have no shortcuts than keep closing the sites I am working on.

Due to this, if feel that the design of the keyboard is very poor

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)

Re: How to shut off the short cuts??

You can use third party utilities that will help you to do so. Once such utility can be downloaded from the following weblink: http://www.download3k.com/Install-KeyTweak.html

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation