Question

Honor Student
mohsensaeed
Message 1 of 6 (38,703 Views)

How to use Recovery Partition

Hi everyone
I'm thinking of formatting my laptop(v6182ea)  to restore everything to it's original state(actually kind of have to!) but the problem is that I've never done so via the partition.I used to use the Recovery DVD but since it's broken this is my only choice.So how do I do it and will I need to install the drivers myself after??
A step-by-step guide would be appreciated.

Associate Professor
wes_notebooks
Message 2 of 6 (38,655 Views)

Re: How to use Recovery Partition

Honor Student
mohsensaeed
Message 3 of 6 (38,633 Views)

So I did it via recovery partition but now it says hal.dll is missing?I don't understand during the process everything was fine and it said that recovery was successful at the end of it??
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (38,598 Views)

Run Recovery again by tapping F10 key immediately after power on. If you have an Advanced option choose it to format the hdd and reinstall XP.

If no joy,contact HP to order a Recovery set HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
AldrinBennet
Message 5 of 6 (21,990 Views)

Hi everyone

I bought a new hp laptop but no os dvd were given It is pre loaded with win 7 home basic. I tried to shtink C drive in disk manager and I got 250gb as unallocated space but I am unable to create a new drive. So I want to Bring the laptop to old settings What Can I do Please Help Me

Honor Student
bmknowle
Message 6 of 6 (1,346 Views)

I know it was YEARS ago since you posted this; I just wanted to say thanks for sharing the details. My brother came to me with his old XP laptop - he's retired and doesn't know what to do. You provided some helpful, valuable info and I appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation