05-03-2012 01:23 AM
I have Hp ProBook 4530s. And operating system is Windows XP 32 bit. I install Hp hotkey driver (sp53796). But any keys not working. (fn+f3-fn+f4) What's poblem?
Thanks for replys.
05-10-2012 12:47 PM
HP HOTKEY CONFLICT WITH HP POWER ASSISTANT
I had the same problem. apparently there is a conflict between the latest version of HP Power Assistant and HP Hotkey (which is what is used for the Fn + f key combinations).
Here is what you will need to do:
STEP 1: Un-install the HP Power Assistant from the Notebook
STEP 2: Download the HP Hotkey Support on the Notebook in question:
HP Hotkey Support Version: 184.108.40.206 (9 May 2012):
STEP 3: Once the uninstallation has been completed, restart the Notebook
STEP 4: Proceed with the installation of the HP Hotkey Support.
STEP 5: Click on the link below to download and install the previous version of the Hp Power Assiatant:
HP Power Assistant Software Version: 220.127.116.11 (9 Sep 2011):
STEP 6: Launch the HP Support Assistant and then choose the option to Notify you Before Updates.
By using the above option, the HP Support Assistant will ask for your permission to update the specific driver and and in that you can select not to update HP Power Assistant.
Or at least not to update until HP finds a solution.
Hope that helps!
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)