Hp G71 notebook pc product #WA606UA#ABA unable to boot or start windows vista (354 Views)
Honor Student
twinkleeyes
Message 1 of 4 (354 Views)

Hp G71 notebook pc product #WA606UA#ABA unable to boot or start windows vista

when i turn on the power button I get a black screen with a blinking line in the top left corner of the screen then it go straight to the screen HP invent then on to starting windows logo and stops there.can u help me please!!!

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (324 Views)

Re: Hp G71 notebook pc product #WA606UA#ABA unable to boot or start windows vista

[ Edited ]

Try reseating the memory stcks, or removing 1 at a time to see if issue is resolved. Memory guide HERE

Enter BIOS by tapping away at the F10 key immediately  after powering on, use Diagnostics to test memory and hard drive.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
twinkleeyes
Message 3 of 4 (306 Views)

Re: Hp G71 notebook pc product #WA606UA#ABA unable to boot or start windows vista

hello.. thanks for the help .. I did the F 10 button and ran a short scan on hard drive and after it finished it went to full scan on the hard drive, It said it would take 70 min to complete but it has been 4 hours now and nothings happening still 0 % completed.im at the system configuration and on the right part of the screen it is asking Item specific help and below that it says set boot order,device boot capability, and accessibility options.im not sure what that means or what it is wanting me to do here. can you help? Thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (303 Views)

Try tapping the ecs key to exit.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation