Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have formatted my HDD completly and upon trying to install windows 7 64bit ultimate back onto it i have come to the problem of the CD/DVD drive i need the driver for this hardware, i have all the audio, display, motherboard etc drivers but cant find the CD/DVD driver anywhere

This is the information for the notebook:

Notebook Model: HP Pavilion g6

Product Number: B6G97EA#ABU

Serial Number:[Personal Information Removed]

System Board ID: 3566

BIOS Version: F.52

Any help appriciated

Regards

Damo

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

There should not be a need to install a driver for the DVD\CD optical drive. That is done by the operating system.

Try the scan for updates function at the support portal for your notebook.

Is your notebook still in warranty?

If it is, then the optical drive can be replaced for no charge under warranty.

Was this an issue before you installed the new OS?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have re-installed this OS ,

HP Recommended
Please answer all of the questions if you would like some help with this.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello sorry i lost internet signal due to using a satalitte offshore connection

I have re-installed OS 7 nurmours times on this computer and have never come across this problem before.

I do not have a decent internet connection to do any extensive searching as to what the problem is

The message i recieve is 'The device CD/DVD drive requires a driver to proceed with installation"

I  have already downloaded all the drivers available from HP for my model of laptop

I have tried this on all versions of windows i have availble of windows 7 (pro, ultimate & basic)

the notebook is no longer in warrenty but i know the CD drive works as it is currently running the windows 7 OS disc for the setup 

HP Recommended

Try Windows update. 

The Microsoft Windows automatic fixit for DVD\CD drives may help resolve this.

If the optical drive is useable, then it is recognized by the BIOS firmware as OK.

HP Recommended

The problem is i currently have no OS on the laptop therefore i cant do a windows update as i am currently trying to install the OS onto the laptop

Regards

Damo

HP Recommended

I suggest using a usb DVD drive for the install. A good and faster alternative is creating a usb Windows installer if you have an ISO of the operating system. Use the Windows 7 USB\DVD download utility to create the installer. It is really much faster than a DVD install. ISO images of Windows 7 are here.

Chances are that the drive is bad if it is giving you such grief.

HP Recommended

Hi

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Hard drive died.  I replaced the hard drive.  I boot with a Windows 7 USB flash drive.  It recognize to install W7.  Click Next, click Install Now. Says Setup is starting...then error:

Load Driver

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.  If you have a driver floppy disk, cd, dvd or usf flash drive, please insert it now.  

I have an option to Browse..I click Browse.See C: (Untitled...most likely my new hard drive), 😧 (CD Drive) and X: (X = my usb flash drive).  AT this point, it want me to point to the driver for the CD/DVD and will not let me continue until the driver is loaded.

I searched HP site, no such DVD driver.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.