04-05-2011 02:37 PM
I have Hp Dv6 2177ca. It came installed with Windows 7 and recently it was infected with a nonremoveable virus so i had to format the entire hard disk including the Recovery partition drive.
I have the HP recovery disk from which i installed my Windows7 but now there is NO "Recovery Partition"( the one which F11 uses).
Please tell me how can i create that recovery partition?
I tried to create it using the recovery manager in Windows 7 as follows:
In run i typed "recovery manager" and the recovery manager open.
There was "System recovery" option there in which it asked me if i wanted to create a "Recovery Partition" and asked that i must have inserted "Recovery Disk #1". When i proceed on this, the computer restart and windows is loaded but no recovery partition is created.
Please help me to create a recovery partition.
Thank you in advance.
This question was solved. View Solution.
04-06-2011 10:04 AM
hmmm.... i've seemed to worked out what to do:
Previously in the recovery installation, I was performing the "System Recovery".
But then i did the "Factory Reset" and it solved the problem and created the Recovery Partition.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)