08-28-2012 02:46 AM
Model Number : HP Pavilion DV6t-A1U55AV#AVA
OS : Windows 8 Pro
I need the HP Simple Pass 2012 software for windows 8 to use my finger print scanner with it.
This question was solved. View Solution.
03-23-2013 10:27 AM
I have a TouchSmart tm2 with Windows 8, I just installed the Simple Pass 2012 for W8 and then I started the program and signed on with my windows ID. When I clicked the "Set up Windows Log On" and entered the very same log on password, it gives me "The Windows log on password you entered does not match. Please try again. I tried various times with the same results. I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the program. Any suggestions?
03-30-2013 01:15 PM
That is the program I downloaded and installed. I even uninstalled and tried intalling it again. I can type in my password and it will fill in the info automatically but I cannot use the fingerprint reader. When I go to the Simple Pass settings and try to log on using the very same windows log on password that I just used, it tells me The Windows log on password you entered does not match. Please try again." I don't understand why the very same password I just used to sign in and open the Simple Pass program says that it does not match when I try to setup the windows log on.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)