Question

Honor Student
sidhukj
Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)

Hp dv6 6140TX upgrade to windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

I have a HP dv6-6140TX notebook pc. I would like to upgrade to windows 8.1 can i do so????

plz reply

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 4 (168 Views)

Re: Hp dv6 6140TX upgrade to windows 8.1

Hello sidhuki,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I udnerstand you would like to upgrade this computer to Windows 8.1. Unfortunately, I cannot advise this since there are no Windows 8.1 drivers for this computer. This is proven on this website: HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC Drivers

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
sidhukj
Message 3 of 4 (157 Views)

I totally understand that i cannot upgrade my notebook to windows 8.1.But i would like to draw the attension of HP towards the fact that my laptop has a totally capable hardware and such a limitation on the software side due to lack of drivers from HP is not to be tolerated. Also other manufacturers have started giving support for upgrading to the latest verion of windows,so then why can't HP provide the same????? plz reply....

Top Student
happy2deepak
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)

Ya... ! It strange to hear from a Company, which builds computers for users, and when they have their High Config. machines, and they have to undergo such a situations. I bought an i7, thinking that I won't have to worry for next 2-3 years, but, after the very next month, Windows launches 8 ! and here our Laptop manufacturer quotes something such lame !!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation